[NEohioPAL] NEAR WEST THEATRE AUDITIONING LEADING ROLES FOR CARNIVAL.

Michael Stein mstein0001 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 10 09:39:09 PDT 2018

Near West Theatre is auditioning for leading roles in our upcoming
production of the lavish musical CARNIVAL

.

Auditionees must have a track record of playing leading roles in musical
theatre.

Roles open are the following:

LILI:  The shows ingenue, coloratura soprano.  Believable
innocent/delusional 20 something young woman.  Open to diversity of race
and ethnicity as are all these roles.

JACQOUT:  Versatile actor with considerable comic and dramatic range, with
a talent for creating various "voices" both male and female.  Works as a
puppeteer in the show and leads the second act production number "The Grand
Imperial Cirques de Paris." Must dance!

PAUL BERTHALET:  Our tortured romantic lead.  Baritone.  Paul must be an
actor of considerable emotional emotional range.  Works puppets and has a
knack for creating "voices" both male and female.

MARCO THE MAGNIFICENT:  The carnival troupe star magician.  Romantic,
30's/40's in age, a womanizing,hot blooded latino or italian-looking.

IF YOU FIT THIS BILL, PLEASE COME TO OUR NEXT CALL BACK  AUDITION WHICH IS
TUESDAY,

SEPTEMBER 11 AT 7PM.

Audition takes place at St Luke's Episcopal Church, W 78th and Lake Rd
and/or call director Bob Navis Jr at 281-6879.  CARNIVAL starts rehearsals
Sunday, Sept 23 and opens the week before Thanksgiving in November playing
for 4 weekends into mid-December.