[NEohioPAL] AMERICAN LEGENDS - Actors needed Paid Positions

Stunt Cat stuntcatprod at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 09:58:41 PDT 2018

We're looking for a few good American Legends to help create the AMAZING
guest experience at Mapleside Farms.  Strolling characters are an extremely
important part of the guest experience we create at Mapleside Farms.  It
goes way beyond "putting on a costume" and walking around.

I ask that my actors prepare for their roles through research and
exploration.  What would it take for you to become Abraham Lincoln or
Amelia Earhart?  How would you bring depth to embody Betsy Ross or Davy
Crockett?  Study them and be prepared to talk about their life AS THAT
PERSON.  Recall stories of your adventures.  Make it real.

As Actors, we LOVE to perform.  And we often perform for free just because
we love doing it.  How many shows do you do where you don't get paid?  And
if you DO get paid, what are you getting paid for if you love it so much
that you'd do it for free?

I consider this the ultimate actor TRAINING.  Consider that you're really
getting paid to investigate, research and prepare in order to give that
AMAZING PERFORMANCE that you then do for free because you love it so much.

Is it challenging to perform a character face to face with a guest, without
the safety net of fellow actors to pull some focus or a backstage to run to
for solace?  YES it is.  But THAT'S what makes you better.  When you
challenge yourself, make yourself vulnerable, throw your self in the deep
end to learn how to swim, throw your self in the fire to learn how to
survive. Otherwise you're not really acting, you're just pretending. It's
not the same thing.

*American Legends* - September 22rd and 23rd , 2018 (Johnny Appleseed
weekend) -- 9:30a-2:30p and 12:30p-5:30p

Paul Bunyan(Big man with a beard), Mark Twain, Huckleberry Finn, John Henry
(Muscular African American), Astronaut John Glenn (any age just have very
little hair), Casey Jones (train engineer) Abraham Lincoln, Davy Crockett,
Pocahontas, Amelia Earhart, Betsy Ross, Marilyn Monroe, Annie Oakley.  And
if you portray an American Legend that’s not listed, please let us know.

We also need  Actors for our new Not So Spooky Halloween party theme on
Friday and Saturday nights (only) from 5-9pm from Sept 21 through Oct 28th.
Let us know your interest in those nights as well.

 Mapleside Farms is quickly becoming the “Happiest place in Ohio” for
family outings and enchanting entertainment.  We’re adding new and exciting
attractions every year.  Come be a part of the magic.  And bring your “A”
game.  Email Martin at stuntcatprod at gmail.com