[NEohioPAL] Hiring for Technical Director Position @ Beck Center

Scott Spence scottdavidspence at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 12:44:09 PDT 2018

*Technical Director/Scenic Designer*

*Beck Center for the Arts*  in Lakewood OH (western suburb of Cleveland)
seeks a FT Theatre Technical Director w/ possible Scene Design
opportunities based on experience. Ideal candidate will have 3 to 5 years
Technical Director experience. MFA ideal, but will consider commensurate
experience. Seeking strengths in carpentry, rigging, paints --- and must be
an excellent problem solver, with strong communication skills. Additional
skills in welding, electrics, and projections a plus. 7 productions yearly
(Four in our 484 seat proscenium and three in our 96 seat Studio black
box.) There is also a Youth Theatre season. TD will work with staff as well
as over hire to build all productions. Duties include maintaining shop and
equipment as well as working with Artistic Director on budgeting and
implementation of budget. Employment date start time is somewhat
negotiable. Health package available (single and family).

We are an equal opportunity employer. We offer a fun and flexible working
environment with a unique arts and education mission. Full-time,
competitive pay and institutional perks. To apply in confidence, please
send your resume, cover letter, three references and salary requirements to
Artistic Director Scott Spence (ScottS at BeckCenter.org) or snail mail to:
Beck Center, Attn: Scott Spence 17801 Detroit Ave., Lakewood, OH 44107 . No
phone calls, please.

Learn more about us at www.beckcenter.org - *Beck Center for the Arts* is
one of Northeast Ohio’s largest cultural and performing arts
organizations.  Each year, we provide professional theater performances and
high-quality arts education for over 60,000 patrons and students throughout
a five-county region.   We are more than a non-profit organization that
combines professional theater with arts education. We create art
experiences. Beck Center for the Arts is committed to creating an arts
experience that is as individual as the people we serve with eclectic
performances to suit many tastes, education opportunities for all ages and
abilities, community outreach and free exhibitions.

9/10/18