[NEohioPAL] Bassist available

Brian Del Bianco ilbasso at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 19 18:00:38 PDT 2018

I am a non-traditional graduate student at Ohio University, but I have designed my semester to be able to run my research project in the Akron area and will be here most of the week and all of the weekends.  Unfortunately, after all of this, my advisor decided on a different direction for the project so I'll be up here with no project...which leaves lots of opportunity for gigs!  I have continued to play with the Akron and Canton Symphonies, but this season is going to be sparser than usual and I'm going to need to pay for all of this gas money somehow!

If you need to hire a bassist for your musical, church, orchestra, jingle, Holiday event, wedding band or anything else that may require some low end, please keep me in mind.  I have subbed for many shows and would love the opportunity to do it again, if needed.  As long as parts are notated, I am interested.  If chord changes are all that is available, that is not a deal-breaker, but it will depend on the setting.  That is not my specialty, but I am fluent at reading bass, treble and most of tenor clef and am available on electric and/or upright basses.  I've returned to school after a long break so I'm an old dude and I have many years of performing experience under my fingers.  You would be hiring somebody that has played many different genres and settings and who considers punctuality and reliability to be as important to the gig as rhythm.

Thanks!

Brian