[NEohioPAL] STILL NEED A FEW ACTORS for Miracle on 34th Street at Medina County Showbiz

Christopher Bizub cmb164 at zips.uakron.edu
Thu Oct 4 09:19:05 PDT 2018

Medina County Showbiz is in IMMEDIATE NEED of a few MEN
for
MIRACLE ON 34th STREET: THE MUSICAL

*We are looking for adult men (18+) to fill some available roles we have in
the show:

MARVIN SHELLHAMMER - Male 20s-30s (this role could maybe go female
depending on the actress)

BAILIFF/THOMPSON - Male 20s-30s (and and few other ensemble roles
throughout the show)

KRIS KRINGLE - Male 60s+ (Understudy role with a guaranteed performance
opportunity on Dec 8th, 2018)

If you are interested and/or available please contact the director at
cmb164 at zips.uakron.edu

SHOW INFO:

MIRACLE ON 34TH STREET: THE MUSICAL
Book, Music, and Lyrics by Meredith Wilson
Based in the 20th Century Fox Picture
Screenplay by George Seaton

Directed by Chris Bizub
Musical Direction by Oliver Deak
Choreography by Kaylea Kudlaty
Technical Direction by Derwin Loverink

PERFORMANCE DATES:
November 30th, December 1st, 2nd, 7th, 8th, 9th. (Double shows on
Saturdays.)
Friday & Saturday evenings at 7:30pm
Saturday & Sunday matinees at 2pm

PERFORMANCE/REHEARSAL LOCATION:
Haddad Theater
144 N Broadway.
Medina, OH 44256
(Inside the County Administration Building)

REHEARSALS:
Regular Rehearsals will start October 8th, 2018.
*Rehearsals will be held based on actor availability. (Sunday-Thursday
6:30pm-10pm)

Synopsis:
A holiday classic from the writer of the musical theatre classic, The Music
Man!, and based on the movie of the same name, Miracle on 34th Street
features a book and score by none other than Meredith Wilson.

Single mother, Doris Walker, doesn't want her six-year-old Susan's head
filled with romantic notions. Their neighbor, Fred Gailey, tries to woo
Doris by charming Susan and taking her to see Santa Claus at Macy's, where
Doris works. Doris is not impressed, but when it turns out that Macy's
Santa may, in fact, be the real Kris Kringle, a wave of love spreads across
New York City that melts even the most cynical hearts.

Filled with humor, spectacle and such beloved songs as "Pinecones and
Hollyberries," "It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas" and "My State,
My Kansas," this joyous, heartwarming musical is pure family entertainment,
wholesome without being cloying. A star-vehicle for a female actress that
features great roles for children, the show is a cast- and crowd-pleaser.
With its built-in audience base, Miracle on 34th Street: The Musical is the
perfect holiday treat for any theatre!