[NEohioPAL] Auditions! "Sojourner Speaks" Paid Work

Matthew J. Wilks mjw1987 at aol.com
Tue Oct 9 11:29:49 PDT 2018

The Illusion Factory is holding auditions for our 2018-19 touring production of “Sojourner Speaks”, written and directed by Josy Jones.

We are seeking an African-American woman to play the role of Sojourner Truth in a one-person performance for young audiences. Ages 25-45.

Actor will be depicting the life of Sojourner Truth through many different characters in her life.
Actor should be charismatic and high-energy with the ability to sing (or carry a tune).
Movement background is an added bonus, but not required.

Must have vehicle and a valid Driver’s License.

Auditions will be held Oct 29th and 30th on the second floor of The Summit Artspace located at 140 E. Market St. Akron, Ohio 44308.

Please email stephanie at theillusionfactory.org if you would like to schedule an audition.