[NEohioPAL] Kennelly Review: LES MISERABLES @ Connor Palace (Keybank Broadway Series Playhouse Sqquare (Laura Kennelly)

Laura Kennelly lkennelly at gmail.com
Sat Nov 3 18:56:10 PDT 2018

Steam Punk returns in this version of *Les Misérables* (let’s call it *Les
Miz*) now playing in Playhouse Square’s Connor Palace through November 18.
It’s yet another revival of the Cameron Mackintosh 1980s mega-hit: this
time one that stresses metaphorical elements. Mist, smoke, fog, black and
white shroud the stage.

This effect is said to be based on Victor Hugo’s own sketches, how he
envisioned the scene. While it doesn’t work for me (I felt as if I needed
to remove the sunglasses I was not wearing), it didn’t seem to bother
other *Les
Miz* fans around me one bit.
See the rest at Les Miz
<http://coolcleveland.com/2018/11/theater-review-les-miserables-playhouse-square-laura-kennelly/>