[NEohioPAL] CALL FOR ARTISTS: Borderlight Fringe - Come Play with Us.

Cathleen O'Malley cathleen at borderlightcle.org
Tue Nov 13 21:15:23 PST 2018

Calling Theatre Artists!

Apply to participate in the BorderLight Fringe...Cleveland’s own (and Cleveland-grown) "fringe festival," to take place July 25-28, 2019.

https://www.borderlightcle.org/about-the-fringe/

Selected companies will have the opportunity to self-produce their shows in traditional and non-traditional venues on the “fringe” of the BorderLight Festival of International Theatre, energizing and activating the festival with fresh and emerging voices. BorderLight Fringe programming will run concurrently with the BorderLight Festival’s international touring work, collaborations between Cleveland companies and visiting international artists, and free public events—all to take place in downtown Cleveland, July 25-28, 2019. (Yup, that’s right. Mark your calendar.)

Deadline to apply is December 15, 2018.

THE SELECTION PROCESS
The BorderLight Fringe is committed to presenting a wide range of theatrical work. We are looking for everything from devised creations to musical adaptations; from experimental opera to new circus; from physical theatre, to original scripts, to interactive wandering shows, to reimagined classical texts…and everything in between. The inaugural BorderLight Fringe will use a juried selection process—and the application is the first step.

Here’s what we’re looking for:

  *   Surprise, innovation, and creative risk-taking in the proposed work
  *   Artistic quality and style of the proposed work and/or work samples
  *   Feasibility of your show’s technical requirements within the Fringe format
  *   Enthusiasm and capacity for self-promotion
  *   Preference for shows 45-60 minutes in length; no shows longer than 90 minutes
  *   An expressed interest in the work of others, being part of the Festival community, and embracing the collaborative spirit of the inaugural BorderLight Festival

Perhaps you are a new or emerging artist, and don’t have extensive materials to share – we still want to hear from you. The spirit of the Fringe is one of risk-taking and development, and we are looking to program diverse works that represent a wide range of artistic styles, modes, and points of view. Or perhaps you're a busker, street performer, or pop-up musician who doesn't need a venue space, but is looking for a way to get involved - we'd love to hear from you as well! Contact us at fringe at borderlightcle.org.

For more information on Participation Fees, Box Office Compensation, Production, and Scheduling, see "Information for Artists" at www.borderlightcle.org/information-for-artists<https://www.borderlightcle.org/information-for-artists>

Any questions? Don't hesitate to contact fringe at borderlightcle.org and we will get you answers. Consider applying!

Cathleen O'Malley
Communications + Engagement Director
BorderLight Festival of International Theatre
484.554.7789 | cathleen at borderlightcle.org<mailto:cathleen at borderlightcle.org>
www.borderlightcle.org<http://www.borderlightcle.org/>
www.facebook.com/borderlightcle<http://www.facebook.com/borderlightcle><http://www.facebook.com/borderlightcle>
@BorderLightCLE<https://twitter.com/BorderLightCLE>