[NEohioPAL] Latitudes hosts Poet Laureate Dave Lucas

Theresa Gottl Brightman tmgottl at gmail.com
Sun Nov 18 12:27:44 PST 2018

 *Latitudes Poetry hosts Ohio Poet Laureate Dave Lucas!*

*Wednesday, November 21st at 7pmCompass Coffee*
*(647 E. Market, Akron 44320)*

Dave Lucas is a poet and essayist who was was born and raised in Cleveland,
Ohio.
Lucas’s first poetry collection, Weather, was published in 2011 by
University of Georgia Press and was awarded the 2012 Ohioana Book Award for
Poetry. Shortly after publication, former U.S. Poet Laureate Rita Dove
named him as one of thirteen “young poets to watch.”

If we have time, we'll have a short Q&A with Dave, and of course, *don't
forget to bring something to read during open mic!*

Latitudes meets every 3rd Wednesday at 7pm at Compass Coffee in Akron.

tmgottl at gmail.com