[NEohioPAL] ADDITIONAL AUDITIONS: FREAKY FRIDAY: December 1

Martin Friedman martinfriedman98 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 24 07:53:18 PST 2018

*Lakeland Civic Theatre *

*Additional Auditions: SATURDAY, December 1*

*1:00 to 3:00 pm*

* for *

*Freaky Friday*

 Book by *Bridget Carpenter*

 Music by *Tom Kitt*

Lyrics by *Brian Yorkey*

  Directed by *Martin Friedman*

Musical Direction by *Matthew Dolan*

Sound Designed by *Eric Simna *

 Lighting Designed by *Marcus Dana*

Costumes Designed by *Kelsey Tomlinson *

 *We are seeking men and women, boys and girls of various ages and
ethnicities. *

*The Play: Instead of an almost slap-stick story about a mother and
daughter exchanging minds and coming to grips with the change of bodies;
the new musical instead takes on something more important; body shaming,
the trials and tribulations of being a high school student and most
importantly, love between parents and children.  I found the story
down-right profound and the music wonderful. Based on the beloved 1972
novel by Mary Rodgers, FREAKY FRIDAY features a book by Bridget Carpenter,
and music and lyrics by Tom Kitt and Brian Yorkey - the Pulitzer
Prize-winning composers of Next to Normal and If/Then. *

*Audition Information and Dates: **Auditions will take place on Saturday,
December 1,between 1:00pm and 3:00pm, in Room D1078 (the Music Room) in
Building “D” on the campus of Lakeland Community College. This is the same
building as the Performing Arts Center. This is an open audition. Please
bring a 16 to 32 bar cut in the style of the show. The process is this: we
will have you sing your song and then will give you a side from the play to
read. I will try to expedite the auditions as quickly as humanly possible.
We will have callbacks only if necessary. All roles are paid except if you
are under 18 years of age; sorry. Sorry, no Equity Contracts. *

*Production and Rehearsal Dates: Freaky Friday **will open on Friday,
February 1 and run through Sunday, February 17, 2019. There will be nine
(9) shows; that is THREE (3) weeks of performances.  We will begin
rehearsals in earnest on January 3. Rehearsals will most probably run seven
days a week with the Saturday and Sunday rehearsals during the day and the
weekday rehearsals beginning at 7:00pm. You will only be called when
needed.*

*THE ROLES.* *I plan to have a cast of 15 to 17. We are seeking versatile
actors and actresses.*

*The Family:**Ellie Blake**: 16 years old; smart, funny, baggy, rumpled
clothes and messy hair that hasn't seen a comb in a while. Ellie is
decidedly the antithesis of her mom. **[The actress we are seeking should
be between the ages of 16 and 25 but still look 16.] Katherine Blake**:
Ellie's mother-- 40's, decisive, lovely, punctual. A workout maven. **[The
actress we are seeking should be between the ages of 35 and 45.}*

*Fletcher Blake**: Ellie's brother-- 10 year old, eccentric, naive;
obsessed with his puppets, especially Angry Bob, an enraged purple hippo
and Caspian, a proper British starfish.** [The actor we are seeking should
be between the ages of 10 and 14 but still look 10.] Mike:** Katherine's
Fiance-- confident, charming, kind. **[The actor we are seeking should be
between the ages of 35 and 50 but still look like a youthful late 40’s
early 50’s.] * *The Students*: *Gretchen: Ellie's best friend--  lacks
confidence. [The actress we are seeking should be between the ages of 16
and 25 but still look 16.] **Hannah:** also Ellie's best friend--
hacker-geek, nerd girl.** [The actress we are seeking should be between the
ages of 16 and 25 but still look 16.] Adam:** the Listmaster-- a paragon of
adorable cool and in love with ELLIE. **[The actor we are seeking should be
between the ages of 16 and 25 but still look 16 to 17.] **Savannah:**
brilliant, aggressive,
a winner.** [The actress we are seeking should be between the ages of 16
and 25 but still look 16 or 17.] Parker:** Ellie’s friend—completely
average, best friends with Wells.** [The actress we are seeking should be
between the ages of 16 and 25 but still look 16.] Wells: **Ellie’s
friend—dorky but not meek, best friends with Parker **[The actress we are
seeking should be between the ages of 16 and 25 but still look 16.] Laurel:**
random teen—unimpressed **[The actress we are seeking should be between the
ages of 16 and 25 but still look 16.] **The Adults : **Torrey:**
Katherine’s assistant—a high-strung perfectionist.** [The actress we are
seeking should be between the ages of 20 and 30.] Grandpa Gordon: **Katherine’s
father—grumpy, stubborn, old-school.** [The actor we are seeking should be
between the ages of 55 and 65.]  **Grandma Helene: **Katherine’s
mother—fiercely opinionated, because she can.** [The actress we are seeking
should be between the ages of 55 and 65.]  **Danielle: **Weddings Magazine
journalist—polished, grimly cheerful.** [The actress we are seeking should
be between the ages of 25 and 35.]  **Louis:** Wedding's Magazine
photographer—seen it all, loves his job **[The actor we are seeking should
be between the ages of 20 and 30.]  **Dr. Ehrin: **School
counselor—test-obsessed, overworked **[The actress we are seeking should be
between the ages of 30 and 45.]  **Mr. Blumen:** Biology teacher—a cynical
lifer **[The actor we are seeking should be between the ages of 30 and 45.]
Pastor Bruno: **[The actor we are seeking should be between the ages of 30
and 45.]  **Mrs. Luckenbill:** English teacher—empathetic **[The actress we
are seeking should be between the ages of 30 and 45.] Senor O’Brien:**
Spanish teacher—pugnacious **[The actress we are seeking should be between
the ages of 30 and 45.]  **Ms. Meyers: **gym teacher—extremely intense **[The
actress we are seeking should be between the ages of 30 and 45.]  **Officers
Sitz and Kowalski: **Police officers who never received sensitivity
training.** [The actress and/or actors we are seeking should be between the
ages of 30 and 50.]* *Mrs. Time: **antique shop owner—apathetic, doesn’t
much like teenagers. **[The actress we are seeking should be between the
ages of 30 to 55.]*

FREE PARKING IN THE FACULTY/STAFF PARKING LOT. For more information please
feel free to contact me, Martin Friedman at *martinfriedman98 at gmail.com
<martinfriedman98 at gmail.com>* or at *216/233-5441 <216%2F233-5441>. *