[NEohioPAL] New Additions to Cleveland Ballet's Nutcracker

Maureen Basista maureen at clevelandballet.org
Wed Nov 28 14:41:52 PST 2018

Contact:
Sarah Gabay, Social Media Manager
sarahg at clevelandballet.org
216-320-9000

CLEVELAND, OH, November 28, 2018:  Cleveland Ballet announces that due to high demand, seven sold out performances, and an outpouring of support from the people of Cleveland, two more performances of The Nutcracker have been added Wednesday, December 12th at 7pm and Thursday, December 13th at 11am.

Artistic Director and Choreographer Gladisa Guadalupe states, “Because of last year’s success, we have been able to improve and expand upon the production as a whole with the addition of many new elements.”  For example, a 42 ft. dragon which was specially crafted for the Chinese divertissement will be brought to life by 8 company members, and a beautiful backdrop depicting the Red Square in Moscow, Russia, will be featured during the Russian dance.

In collaboration with local artists, this year’s version of The Nutcracker will also feature a stark snowy landscape scene beautifully illustrated by Cleveland Ballet artist, Alexandra Brin.  Incorporating the skills of local artist Mirina Koran, Brin’s sketch has been artfully expanded into a 50 ft. x 30ft. backdrop for the snow scene in Act I.
The well-known children’s choir, The Singing Angels, has been invited to perform for their second Nutcracker with Cleveland Ballet. In addition, Cleveland Ballet will continue its collaboration with Olga’s school of Music. Olga’s choir will perform on December 12th and the matinee on December 13th during the snow scene in Act I as well as before the show and during the intermission. Almost 100 students from our outreach program will attend the matinee performance on December 13th.

Cleveland Ballet has prepared plenty of new surprises for their Holiday performances.

For more information on Cleveland Ballet visit www.clevelandballet.org<http://www.clevelandballet.org/> or call 216-320-9000.  Stay connected on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/ClevelandBallet/) and Instagram (@clevelandballetcompany).  For ticket information visit www.playhousesquare.org?events/detail/the-nutcracker<http://www.playhousesquare.org/?events/detail/the-nutcracker>, call: 216-241-6000