[NEohioPAL] 2 DAY WINTER WORKSHOP AT PLAYHOUSE SQUARE

Elyse Morckel elyse at themovementproject.org
Mon Dec 10 09:35:15 PST 2018

2-DAY WINTER WORKSHOP AT PLAYHOUSE SQUARE

WITH

THE MOVEMENT PROJECT

DEC 14th & 15th, 2018

For professional & college dancers

Join TMP December 14th & 15th, 2018 for our 2-Day Winter Workshop at
Playhouse Square! As professional dancers, it's important to continue
training and engaging with our dance community. TMP is working hard to
bring high quality and affordable training opportunities to you and looks
forward to offering this 2-Day workshop to the Cleveland dance community.
WORKSHOP DETAILS

Dates: December 14th & 15th, 2018

Times: 10:30-2:30 pm (12/14) 10:30 - 3:15 pm (12/15)

Price: $120 (includes 5 classes, 1 audition, 1 company showing & 1 ticket
to TMP's spring performance - date TBD)

Note: For those who can't attend both days, 1 day options are available for
$60.  (no refunds for either options)

Location: Gund Dance Studio (The Idea Center), 1375 Euclid Avenue,
Cleveland Ohio 44115

Parking: Lot & meter parking located around building

Click this LINK <http://www.themovementproject.org/winterworkshop/> to
purchase your pass today!
DAILY SCHEDULE

DAY 1 (Friday)

10:30 - 11:45 am MODERN

11:45 - 12:15 pm LUNCH

12:15 - 1:30 pm MODERN LIFTS & WEIGHT SHARING

1:30 - 2:30 pm YOGA

DAY 2 (Saturday)

10:00 - 11:45 am MODERN

11:45 - 12:45 pm IMPROVISATION

12:45 - 1:15 pm LUNCH

1:15 -  2:30 pm TMP COMPANY AUDITION (*free & open to the public)

*See below for details & to register for audition.

2:45 - 3:15 pm TMP COMPANY SHOWING (*free & open to the public)

*Join us for a preview of TMP works in progress, which will be performed
later in the season.
 TEACHING ARTISTS & CLASS DESCRIPTIONModern (Grace Nicklos)

This class will dive into the body’s natural pathways and rhythms. We will
move through release as well as float, finding our connection to ground and
space. Striving to find our movements' true weight with phrase work that
will challenge our mind and body to connect and flux.

Modern Lifts & Weight Sharing (Rebecca Leuszler & Irene Honora)

This class will focus on the foundation of lifts and weight sharing used in
Modern Dance and Contact Improvisation. Through the teachings of balancing,
negotiating, and shifting weight, participants will create lifts in various
group settings and explore non-traditional negotiation patterns.

Yoga (Elyse Morckel)

Yoga builds strength, stamina, and flexibility. Class will incorporate
Vinyasa (flowing movement sequences) with slow, sustained stretches,
refinement of alignment in held poses, as well as breath awareness and
mental focus.

Improvisation (Megan Gargano)

Improvisation is an exploration of choreographic concepts used to develop
unique and innovative movement vocabularies in real-time. From this base,
dancers will develop movement material into spontaneous, performable dances
through improvisational structures and scores.

http://www.themovementproject.org/winterworkshop/

--
*Elyse Morckel*
The Movement Project