[NEohioPAL] CALL FOR ARTISTS (Extended Deadline Dec 29th): CLE's own BorderLight Fringe festival- come play with us!

Cathleen O'Malley cathleen at borderlightcle.org
Tue Dec 11 10:15:42 PST 2018

Calling Theatre Artists!

UPDATE: We are proud to offer free accommodation for all out-of-area BorderLight Fringe artists. We've extended the deadline to spread the word!

Deadline to apply: December 29, 2018

Looking to self-produce your show and seeking a venue? Want to reach new audiences as part of a downtown Cleveland festival experience? Apply to participate in the BorderLight Fringe...Cleveland’s own (and Cleveland-grown) "fringe festival," to take place July 25-28, 2019.

INFO & APPLICATION HERE: www.borderlightcle.org/about-the-fringe/<http://www.borderlightcle.org/about-the-fringe/>
Selected companies will self-produce their shows in non-traditional storefront venues on the “fringe” of the BorderLight Festival of International Theatre, energizing and activating the festival with fresh and emerging voices.

HOW IT WORKS
Selected participants will pay a production fee*, in exchange for a 70/30 box office split of all ticket sales (artists take home 70% of revenue). BorderLight provides venue, insurance, very basic lighting and sound equipment, some technical support, marketing guidance, and front of house. BorderLight will promote the overall festival and fringe - but we rely on individual companies to hype their shows. *Limited fee assistance is available for artists with demonstrated financial need. See application for details.

Perhaps you are a new or emerging artist, and don’t have extensive materials to share – we still want to hear from you. The spirit of the Fringe is one of risk-taking and development, and we are looking to program diverse works that represent a wide range of artistic styles, modes, and points of view. Or perhaps you're a busker, street performer, or pop-up musician who doesn't need a venue space, but is looking for a way to get involved - we'd love to hear from you as well! Contact us at fringe at borderlightcle.org.

THE SELECTION PROCESS
BorderLight Fringe is looking for everything from devised creations to musical adaptations; from experimental opera to new circus; from physical theatre, to original scripts, to interactive wandering shows, to reimagined classical texts…and everything in between. The inaugural BorderLight Fringe will use a juried selection process—and the application is the first step. Here’s what we’re looking for:

  *   Surprise, innovation, and creative risk-taking in the proposed work
  *   Artistic quality and style of the proposed work and/or work samples
  *   Simplicity and feasibility of your show’s technical requirements within the Fringe format -- these are non-traditional venues!
  *   Enthusiasm and capacity for self-promotion
  *   Preference for shows 45-60 minutes in length; no shows longer than 90 minutes
  *   An expressed interest in the work of others, being part of the Festival community, and embracing the collaborative spirit of the inaugural BorderLight Festival

For more information on Production Fees*, Box Office Compensation, Production, and Scheduling, see "Information for Artists" at www.borderlightcle.org/information-for-artists<http://www.borderlightcle.org/information-for-artists>

Any questions? Don't hesitate to contact Cathleen at fringe at borderlightcle.org and we will get you answers. Consider applying!

Cathleen O'Malley
Associate Producer / Communications Director
BorderLight Festival of International Theatre
484.554.7789 | cathleen at borderlightcle.org<mailto:cathleen at borderlightcle.org>
www.borderlightcle.org<http://www.borderlightcle.org/>
www.facebook.com/borderlightcle<http://www.facebook.com/borderlightcle><http://www.facebook.com/borderlightcle>
@BorderLightCLE<https://twitter.com/BorderLightCLE>

SAVE THE DATE! BorderLight: Festival of International Theatre will take place July 25-28, 2019. For news and updates on all things BorderLight, sign up for our newsletter at www.borderlightcle.org<http://www.borderlightcle.org/>
[https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?ui=2&ik=b805be1922&view=fimg&th=164510ae1e29eddf&attid=0.2&disp=emb&attbid=ANGjdJ8j8bSU_P4F3iJ8gca7TZqQanVV2snc4ywXUdV849_lLnGNw4ibut4KS86NlUZpweIBPDQOTqJ0s4Q4L07cgkehbD-UQGJTxeJcy8mMo_G28j5UX4rzi1ueH18&sz=w520-h270&ats=1530803582109&rm=164510ae1e29eddf&zw&atsh=1]