[NEohioPAL] Madagascar the Musical Accepting K and 1st Graders

Rachel Zake rdzake at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 19 11:19:36 PST 2018

Hello NEOhioPAL Parents!!

I hope everyone is having a fantastic week!! As a reminder, we are still accepting kindergarten and 1st grade students to be a part of our Penguin Crew in Madagascar the Musical.  Rehearsals begin January 6 and would be an hour on Sundays and an hour on Mondays.  Your child would be able to participate in three shows.  I have included full details below.  If you would like to join us for this fun show (and we hope you will), please email me by January 3 to confirm, including which cast you would prefer.  The participation fee for this show is $70 for member and $120 for community.  Please email with any questions!

Thanks,
Rachel

Full details:
For our upcoming show, Playmakers is doing something new!!  We are opening up our traditional 2nd-9th grade show to kids in kindergarten and 1st grade!!  We will not hold auditions for this age group, as we know that can be a little intimidating for a first show!!  Instead, we are offering the opportunity to join one of the casts (A or B, based on scheduling) as a Penguin in Madagascar the Musical and get the experience of being on stage with their friends (and make some new ones).  Being a part of a show like this helps kids boost their self-confidence, meet new kids, and work as a team to create one awesome piece of theatre!

For this age group, we will have a modified rehearsal schedule.  Additionally, for those of you with kids already involved with Playmakers, please be aware that for Madagascar we will only have THREE performances per weekend (Thursday, Saturday, Sunday 2pm).  We will not have the Sunday 7pm show.  This show has a runtime of approximately 60 minutes with no intermission.  We will have a dedicated Assistant Director for the K and 1st grade group, so that they will feel comfortable and guided through the process beyond what we normally provide through other Assistant Directors, Musical Director, Choreographer, and me.

Please see below for details and let me know if you have any questions.  If your child would have to miss some rehearsals, that is ok!  We will get them caught up so that everyone feels confident to go on stage when the show comes!  To register, please email me with your child’s name and which cast he/she will be joining.  We will hold a parent meeting with all information on Sunday January 6, 2019.  Rehearsals for this group will be held together.  They will split into casts for tech week and shows.

Rehearsals:  Sundays 2:30-3:30pm, Mondays 5-6pm

Cast A Tech Week (approx. 1-1.5 hours/night. Please note there will not be a Monday tech for this age group.):

   - Sunday March 3
   - Tuesday March 5
   - Wednesday March 6
Cast A Shows:

   - Thursday March 7 at  7pm
   - Saturday March 9 at 8pm
   - Sunday March 10 at 2pm

Cast B Tech Week (approx. 1-1.5 hours/night.  Please note there will not be a Monday tech for this age group.):

   - Sunday March 3
   - Tuesday March 12
   - Wednesday March 13
Cast B Shows:

   - Thursday March 14 at 7pm
   - Saturday March 16 at 8pm
   - Sunday March 17 at 2pm

Looking forward to having kindergarteners and 1st graders join our year-round program for this show!!
Rachel