[NEohioPAL] KENNELLY REVIEW: SPAMILTON @ Hanna Theatre

Laura Kennelly lkennelly at gmail.com
Sat Dec 29 06:00:03 PST 2018

Say what you will about *Hamilton, Hamilton*,/ but ya gotta see it
before *Spamilton,
Spamilton*,/ or you’ll be:/ lost. /So study what you can/ (YouTube is your
best friend)/ then you can laugh a little/or a lot and say:/ “I gave it my
best shot.”

As with *Hamilton*, the Broadway hit it’s based on, *Spamilton* ricochets
an abundance of wit and words right at the audience. It seemed impossible
to hear every nonstop word over the laughter from the previous riposte,
especially (and paradoxically) since the sound was loud where I sat. But
even though it was impossible to catch every allusion, the ones that were
clear poked good-natured fun at musicals and the theater world in general.
It helps to be a Broadway fan (hand raised here) and it helps (see above)
to review *Hamilton: The Musical*.
See:
https://coolcleveland.com/2018/12/theater-review-spamilton-playhouse-square-laura-kennelly/