[NEohioPAL] Call for Wizardly Actor for One-Minute Video

Jon W 48hourimprovers at gmail.com
Sat Jan 5 18:44:43 PST 2019

Call for an actor to play a wizard like Tim the Enchanter from Monty
Python's Holy Grail for a short, funny one-minute video clip.

This character is an eccentric wizard that speaks with a slight accent and
is highly dramatic.

The script is about 150 words. The humor and tone of the script ranges from
over-the-top exuberance to deadpan shtick.

   - *Age*: 30-80
   - *Gender*: Male
   - *Requirements*: Send a current selfie or a photo of you with your
   beard *before January 9th*. No professional headshot or resume is
   needed. If available, send a few links to video clips of your performances.
   - *Other Requirements*: A beard (can be a theatrical beard if you have a
   realistic one). Bring your own powder makeup.
   - *Attire*: I will provide a wizard cap. If you can wear a white shirt
   and vest, or a simple robe, or any type of wizard-like or medieval shirt.
   - *Optional*: If you have any props like tomes, candelabras, skulls, or
   wizardly things, that would be appreciated.
   - *Schedule*: Flexible times from 1/9 - 1/18. We can film any evening
   after 6 pm. Or any time over the weekend of the January 12 & 13th.
   - *Payment*: $75

The script must be memorized. Earpieces are OK if you are proficient in
one. No teleprompter or cue cards. Delivery will be right into the camera
from a seated position behind a table.

This is a promotional video for an old-school "zine," or hobby and game
magazine.

If you are interested in creating a fun, memorable, and humorous
performance, please send your photo and video links, and I will reply with
the script for you to review. I will do phone interviews and make a
selection on January 9th.

Thanks,
Jon
48hourimprovers at gmail.com