[NEohioPAL] Tartuffe opens at Western Reserve Playhouse Friday

Western Reserve Playhouse dawnwrp at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 13:20:19 PST 2019

Western Reserve announces its 2019 Mainstage Season Opener

“Tartuffe”

by Molière and translated by Richard Wilbur

Directed by August Scarpelli

Opens FRIDAY 01/18/19

Western Reserve Playhouse opens its exciting 2019 Mainstage Season with
Tartuffe, a daring and witty classic comedy that tells the story of a
crafty trickster who uses religion as a guise to flatter the vulnerability
of a wealthy patriarch. Initially censored following its 1664 premiere, the
play is one of Molière’s most famous works. Translated into English verse
by Richard Wilbur, and directed by August Scarpelli.

A con-man disguised as a pious spiritual leader wheedles his way into the
home of a gullible, affluent man in the midst of a mid-life crisis—and
promptly sets the household topsy turvy. If not for the quick witted
Dorine, grounded Elmire, and infinitely patient Cléante, all might be lost!
Deception, lechery, egotism, young love, and delusion collide in
Tartuffe. Molière’s
classic work skewers religious hypocrisy and self-inflated egotism.

Tartuffe hits the heart of present and historical events. “I think it’s a
perfect play for current times; this very moment in our history,” observes
Artistic Director, Dawn Sniadak-Yamokoski. “In this production of Tartuffe,
we can see a fresh outlook on this play. August Scarpelli magically
breathes to life this play with humor and passion balancing the relevancy
to our current times while keeping the history of this show intact.  It
does make one wonder what a good con-man could make the naïve believe and
see.”

WRP’s production of Tartuffe is filled with an extremely talent cast:

Tartuffe - Brian Pedaci, Orgon - Jim Fippin, Dorine - Kelsey Tomlinson,
Elmire - Mia Radabaugh, Madame Pernelle - Harriet DeVeto, Flipote - Hannah
Hilty, Damis - Daniel Hunsicker, Mariane - Kayla Lehman,Valere - Zach
Manthey, Cleante - Jay Hill, Monsieur Loyal - Steven Schuerger, Officer -
Jeff Bixby

Stage Managed by Brianna Laybourn

Light Design by Daniel Hunsicker

Costume Design by Harry James

Set Construction by James Gremba and Justin Herman.

*Tartuffe runs January 18-February 2, 2019. Tickets are $15 to $17 and can
be purchased online at WesternReservePlayhouse.org *

TITLE: Tartuffe

WRITTEN BY: Molière and translated by Richard Wilbur

DIRECTOR: August Scarpelli

VENUE AND ADDRESS: 3326 Everett Road, Bath, Ohio 44268

RUN DATES: January 18-February 2, 2019

TIMES OF SHOWS:  Friday and Saturdays at 8PM, Sunday January 27 at 2PM

TICKETS: $17 for Adults and $15 for Students/Seniors
BOX OFFICE: 330-620-7314   WEB:WesternReservePlayhouse.org