[NEohioPAL] Cleveland Play House Theatre Academy offers courses for creative young learners

Ryan Lucas rlucas at clevelandplayhouse.com
Fri Jan 18 13:48:50 PST 2019

YOUTH OPEN COURSES
These courses are for youths who are passionate about drama and would love to learn more. Professional theatre educators and artists provide high-quality and developmentally -appropriate theatre instruction to students at all age levels.
For more details on these and all courses offered, visit us at:  https://goo.gl/bHMMgM

AGES: 3-5
Songs, Stories and Me
Young participants will engage in head to toe learning through a gentle exploration of acting and song that will explore emotions and theatrical techniques such as movement, voice, and storytelling as they adapt beloved stories and fairytales.
Saturdays / Jan 19-May 4 / 9-9:45am / $200
AGES 5-7
Creative Drama
Theatre is about all about collaboration. In this fun and collaborative offering, participants will use short scripted scenes that will encourage the students to listen to their peers, share ideas, and work as a team. This process will also introduce vocal and movement skills to the young actors who will begin a journey of developing their own characters. Families will watch their young performers participate in a collaborative showcase in one of our rehearsal halls at the end of the session.
Saturdays / Jan 19-May 4 / 11am-noon / $255

AGES 7-9
Devised Theatre
Here, we'll create a short new play! Through repetition and self-review, young performers will build the necessary theatre skills of concentration, focus, memorization, and adaptability. They will have the opportunity to showcase their plays in a collaborative final performance for friends and family in one of our rehearsal halls.
Saturdays / Jan 19-May 4 / noon-1pm / $255

All classes take place at the CPH rehearsal halls and classrooms located in downtown Cleveland. The courses span ages three through adult and provide all levels theatre training. No prior experience is necessary.

Discounts are available for multiple classes, same-household participants, current CPH Theatre Academy students, and CPH subscribers.