[NEohioPAL] Workshop Players Searching For Directors For 2020 - 2021 Season

Workshop Players wspamherst at gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 15:26:45 PST 2019

February 4, 2019

Dear Potential Director,

We are reaching out to you from Workshop Players Theater hoping that you
may submit to direct one of our five shows during our 2020-2021 season.  I
know it sounds as though that is very far away, but in reality, we must
plan in advance.  Our process begins now and ends next September as
outlined below.

January - March  Letters go out to potential directors directly and through
NeoPal, plus  our website at workshopplayers.com requesting applications to
direct.

*April 1 — All submissions are due. * The Board of Trustees reviews them
and sets up  interviews.  Five directors for 2020-2021 are chosen.

April-August — The Play reading committee reads all of the plays that the
five directors

have submitted and narrow each director’s choices down to two.

August — Directors are interviewed by the Play Reading Committee after
which a balanced season is selected to be presented to the Board.

September — The Board of Trustees sets the seasons, including performance
dates.

*We ask that applicants provide the following: *

1)  If you have NOT directed with us previously, submit a theatrical
resume, detailing your experience and including two references of people
you have worked with.

     If you HAVE directed with us previously, this step is not necessary.

2)  ALL applicants should submit a list of 3-5 plays you are interested in
directing, ALONG WITH A DESCRIPTION OF THE PLAY (which may be copied and
pasted

from the licensing website.

3)  Add to the description of each play why you believe it would work in
our unique  space. (Theater in the round, close proximity to audience, very
little backstage  storage space, four possible entrances two of which are
accessed from wings  outside of the theater)

4) *Include within that list at least one FAMILY FRIENDLY OR CHILDREN’S
SHOW, PLEASE.*

Please submit applications to Pat Price at joeandpatprice at centurytel.net by
APRIL 1, 2019.

ALSO NOTE THAT WORKSHOP PLAYERS THEATER IS A VOLUNTEER ORGANIZATION AND
THERE IS NO STIPEND FOR DIRECTORS, DESIGNERS OR ACTORS.

Thank you,

Pat Price, Play Reading Committee Chair

--
Workshop Players
44820 Middle Ridge Road, Amherst, OH 44001
contact at workshopplayers.com
www.workshopplayers.com

"If all the world's a stage, I want better lighting!"