[NEohioPAL] Academy Auditions 2019-2020

Tom Fulton tomtq2 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 10:46:00 PST 2019

AUDITIONS FOR THE ACADEMY FOR THE PERFORMING ARTS
[Addendum]

Attention any actor or actress who is currently a sophomore in High School, private auditions for next year at the Academy for the Performing Arts are now being held.

Admissions to the Academy are determined by an audition/interview process held by appointment through August 15, 2019.  Although we encourage interested students to audition early to ensure a position in the Academy.  To learn more about the academy, go to www.chagrinacademy.org <http://www.chagrinacademy.org/>

Students of the Academy study either professional acting or technical theatre every day for half a day for two years. Students receive 8 college Credits for successfully completing their two year study.  This is a public school program. It is offered to students at no cost.

To audition to be a student at the Academy, you must be a sophomore at one of the schools in Excel TECC's Mayfield Consortium. These school districts include: Aurora, Beachwood, South Euclid/Lyndhurst, Chagrin Falls, Mayfield Village, Orange, Solon, Willoughby Eastlake (North or South), West Geauga.

Before you do anything, you must submit an online application at https://excel.enrolltrack.com/studentportal/#signup <https://excel.enrolltrack.com/studentportal/#signup> . The application does not lock you into anything. You many choose to drop to of the program at any time.

Once you have completed the online application, you may email DUSTEN WELCH at dusten.welch at chagrinschools.org <mailto:dusten.welch at chagrinschools.org> and request an interview/audition time.  Or you may  call at 440-247-2072 x4393 <tel:440-247-2072;4393>

We perform 8 fully mounted shows a year.  Our Academy Season for next year looks like this:

Draft of next year (2019-2020) **Subject to Change

October:  CHICAGO (The Musical)
December: PLAYBOY OF THE WESTERN WORLD
December: IMPROV SHOW
February: WAIT UNTIL DARK