[NEohioPAL] Registration closing for Dan Popp's VOICE ACTING CLASS

Colors Audio colorsaudio at neohio.twcbc.com
Wed Feb 13 06:35:46 PST 2019

You can still get in under the wire!

Voiceover Fundamentals +

A class led by 30-year industry veteran Dan Popp

What's happening?

10 hours of instruction, coaching & performance, plus a bonus workshop.

We start February 23rd, and continue every Saturday morning through March.

The cost is $400 (plus tax for Ohio residents).

The place is Colors Audio <http://www.colorsaudio.com/> in Akron.

Class size is expected to be 7 students.  Yeah, small.  That means more mic time for you.

What can I learn?

Creativity - with consistency.

Am I telling a story or having a conversation?

Mic technique, studio etiquette, working like a pro.

Copy analysis - Most of us are not truly reading.

Voice acting - it's not what you think it is.

Styles of voiceover.

How to take direction, handle conflicting direction, work without direction, and raise your performance beyond the direction.

Breathing, smiling, vocal production, voice placement.

Reading to time.

A technique for bringing life to boring copy (no, it's not talking louder!).

And much more.

Discovering what voiceover really is, and developing skills that clients will want to pay you for - that's our journey.

This is career training.  It is NOT a place for you to "try" voiceover because "it always seemed like fun."  We're not dipping toes in the water here; we're forging a new future for you.

Who is teaching this?

I'm heard daily on national and local spots, new media, training presentations and more.  Even though I've taught successful voice actors for years (and some not-yet-successful ones, let's be honest), my main gig is still doing this stuff.  I'm not an ivory-tower educator who lands a couple of v/o jobs a year; I'm in the trenches, and with some good training and a lot of effort, there's a chance you could be, too.

How do I find out more?

Testimonials, samples & articles: http://www.colorsaudio.com/Voice-Over-Training <http://www.colorsaudio.com/Voice-Over-Training>
Email questions or sign up: colorsaudio at neo.rr.com <mailto:colorsaudio at neo.rr.com>

Dan Popp