[NEohioPAL] Workshop Players' Request For Directors - 2020 - 2021 Season

Workshop Players wspamherst at gmail.com
Thu Mar 7 20:31:36 PST 2019

March 7,  2019

Dear Potential Director,

In several weeks the Board of Trustees of Workshop Players Theater will be
reviewing applications for directors for our 2020-2021 season and setting
up interviews.  We are hoping that your application will be in the mix!

Directing in our unique space is a truly rewarding experience.  Though we
are a volunteer theater and there is no stipend  for directing, the
proximity of the audience, the challenge of converting our black box into
varying locations, the pool of talent who frequent our theater make
directing here a terrific experience.  We hope you will apply to join us
for what will be our 73rd continuous season!

*We ask that applicants provide the following: *

1)  If you have NOT directed with us previously, submit a theatrical
resume, detailing your experience and including two references of people
you have worked with.
     If you HAVE directed with us previously, this step is not necessary.

2)  ALL applicants should submit a list of 3-5 plays you are interested in
directing,
ALONG WITH A DESCRIPTION OF THE PLAY (which may be copied and pasted from
the licensing website.

3)  Add to the description of each play why you believe it would work in
our unique space.
(Theater in the round, close proximity to audience, very little backstage
storage space, four possible entrances two of which are accessed from wings
outside of the theater)

4) *Include within that list at least one FAMILY FRIENDLY OR CHILDREN’S
SHOW, PLEASE.*

Below is a list of shows that Workshop Players is potentially interested in
producing.  Your list need not be limited to what is below, but use it as a
resource.  These plays have not necessarily been “thought out” as a
director would to solve production elements.  That’s the fun part that
would be up to you!!!  Certainly, add other plays that are not included.

Please submit applications to Pat Price at joeandpatprice at centurytel.net by
APRIL 1, 2019.

ALSO NOTE THAT WORKSHOP PLAYERS THEATER IS A VOLUNTEER ORGANIZATION AND
THERE IS NO STIPEND FOR DIRECTORS, DESIGNERS OR ACTORS.

Thank you,
Pat Price, Play Reading Committee Chair

*List of Potential Plays for Workshop Players  2020-2021*

*Musicals *
Chicago
Godspell
Man of LaMancha
Baby
The Last 5 Years
Title of Show
Sweeney Todd
Big Fish
Footloose

* Musicals Appropriate for children AND adults *
Honk
Suessical
Plaid Tidings
Li’ Abner
Scrooge

*Dramas *
Glass Menagerie
Death of a Salesman
Streetcar Named Desire
Bus Stop
Crimes of the Heart
Lion in Winter
Doubt
Proof
Lost in Yonkers

*Comedies Christmas Plays*
* The Humans  Scrooge*
Sunshine Boys  Dashing Through the Snow (Jones, Hope Wooten)
The Good Doctor  The Hallelujah Girls (Jones, Hope, Wooten)
Boeing, Boeing  A Nice Family Christmas
Butterflies Are Free  Ken Ludwig’s, ’Twas the Night Before Christmas
Ten Nights in a Barroom    1940’s Radio Christmas Hour
Panache
Artifice
Brighton Beach Memoirs

*Comedies and/or dramas appropriate for children and adults*
Harvey
Anne of Green Gables
Alice in Wonderland
James and the Giant Peach
The Wind and the Willows
--
Workshop Players
44820 Middle Ridge Road, Amherst, OH 44001
contact at workshopplayers.com
www.workshopplayers.com

"If all the world's a stage, I want better lighting!"