[NEohioPAL] Catch "The Other Side of the Story" Wed - Sat

Malina Rauschenfels malrausch at gmail.com
Wed Mar 20 06:34:45 PDT 2019

See our preview here
<https://clevelandclassical.com/burning-river-baroque-tells-the-other-side-of-the-story/#more-32116>
:
Curating thoughtfully-programmed, politically-inspired concerts has become
a calling card for the innovative, Cleveland-based ensemble Burning River
Baroque <https://www.burning-river-baroque.org/current-programs>.

Society’s collective understanding of history is biased toward the
perspectives of those with the privilege and power to preserve their
stories. The Other Side of the Story looks beyond this power imbalance to
shed light on characters whose viewpoints are underrepresented. Drawing
from ancient mythology, literature, and Biblical passages, this program of
dramatic music highlights issues and themes raised by the #metoo campaign.
>From the Book of Judith (which is excluded from some canonical versions of
the Bible) to the story of a Siren from her own perspective, we will show
the ways in which ancient tales resonate in our communities today. In our
continued commitment to promoting new works for baroque instruments, this
program for soprano, flute, cello, and harpsichord melds baroque repertoire
with a medieval work and the premiere of Honey sweet we sing for you, a
cantata by Aaron Grad and Jennifer Bullis.

Malina Rauschenfels, soprano & Paula Maust, harpsichord
GUEST ARTISTS
Sarah Lynn, baroque flute & Glenna Curren, baroque cello

Wednesday, March 20, 2019
<https://www.facebook.com/events/335261093999631/?notif_t=event_aggregate&notif_id=1553076492449619>
Fresh Perspectives presents Burning River Baroque
6:30-9:30pm
Artist panel, poetry call, dj, bar, light snacks
2460 Lakeside Ave
Cleveland, OH 44114
sliding scale tickets at door ($0-15)

Thursday, March 21, 2019 ~ 7pm