[NEohioPAL] Seeking Choreographer for Summer Theatre Camp

Martin Friedman martinfriedman98 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 21 09:41:32 PDT 2019

*We are *

* seeking a*

*CHOREOGRAPHER*

*For the*

*Shaker Heights Summer Theatre Camp*

     Co-Artistic Directors:

*Martin Friedman, Ph.D. *and* Carly Germany Dalberg,** M.F.A.*

*The Camp:*

The Shaker Summer Theatre program has been in existence for over thirty
years and I have been the Artistic Director for twenty-one years now. Mrs.
Dalberg has been with the camp for *ten* years.

Our camp is unique in that we are curriculum-based and that we use only
teachers that are either theatre professionals or students dedicating their
lives to producing and teaching theatre.

The basis of the camp is that we do not present productions of plays or
musicals at the conclusion of each three-week session. We are process
oriented rather than product driven. And while students do scenes,
monologues and songs from plays and musicals; no rocks or trees here. Each
student has his or her choice of the area in which she wants to participate.

You will be expected to choreograph three to four group numbers (which will
vary in size and age of the students) and whom will also vary in their
respective talent. To my knowledge, choreographers have never purposefully
simplified the work. Rehearsals will be spread out during the day over a
two week period. For the most part, during your designated rehearsals the
music director will work directly with you on the music. In the past, these
numbers have served to highlight the tenacity and bravery of our students
not to mention the quality of the choreography.

Shaker Summer Theatre has two, three-week sessions and you must be able to
work from 8:50 am to 3:00 pm every day. You will share choreographic
responsibilities with Resident Choreographer Cleo DeOrio*.*

The camp attracts students between grades 4 through 11.

We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.

*Dates:*

10 June 2019- 28 June 2019 (Session I)

8 July 2019- 26 July 2019 (Session II)

The camp attracts a diverse group of students.

Camp is held at John Carroll University in University Heights in the Kulas
Auditorium.

If you are interested please contact me at martinfriedman98 at gmail.com or
call me at 216/233-5441.