[NEohioPAL] TrueNorth Performs Faure Requiem

Joan Fortney joansk8s at gmail.com
Thu Apr 4 09:18:45 PDT 2019

Contact:  Richard A. Fortney                                                        FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Tel. 440-724-7189
Email: rfortney at tncarts.org
Date: 4/3/2019

TRUENORTH CULTURAL ARTS PERFORM FAURE REQUIEM
Concert on Apr 6

Amherst, OH—TrueNorth Cultural Arts will present a concert on Saturday, April 6 at St. Paul Lutheran Church in Amherst, OH.

The concert will begin at 7:30 p.m. at St. Paul Lutheran Church at 115 Central Avenue in Amherst, OH and will include The TrueNorth Chorale and Chamber Orchestra. There will be a free will offering to help offset costs.  This is the first of three concerts to be done by TrueNorth at St. Paul’s in Amherst in their new concert ministry series.  Join us as we journey with Him to the cross and life everlasting.

Gabriel Fauré composed his Requiem in D Minor (Opus 48) between 1887 and 1890.  This choral orchestral setting of the Roman Catholic mass for the dead is the best known of his large works.  A short requiem lasting 35 minutes, is written for orchestra, organ, mixed chorus and two soloists, featuring Janine Porter, soprano, and Craig Housum, baritone.  Evan Kleve leads the TrueNorth Chamber Orchestra as concertmaster and soloist.  In addition to the Requiem, the orchestra will be doing the Pavane by both Gabriel Fauré and Maurice Ravel, and Aaron Copland’s Down a Country Lane.  The chorale will be singing four spirituals in addition, featuring Alice Parker’s Come to the Water; Hark, I hear the Harps Eternal; Witness; and All My Trials, Lord.

The TrueNorth Chorale and Chamber Orchestra are directed by Rick Fortney, founder and artistic director of TrueNorth Cultural Arts.

About TrueNorth Cultural Arts

TrueNorth is a multidisciplinary arts organization committed to building and strengthening individuals and communities through the performing, visual and the literary arts.  Our vision is two-fold: To educate, equip, and empower individuals so they can embrace and succeed in the creative arts; and to envision and encourage communities where creative arts and art appreciation flourish.  To learn more visit www.tncarts.org.

###