[NEohioPAL] The Wadsworth Footlighters "BUS STOP" Opening Next Friday!

Brenton Cochran fashionlovestheatre at gmail.com
Thu Apr 4 13:30:22 PDT 2019

The Wadsworth Footlighters Proudly Presents...

*"BUS STOP"*
 *By William Inge*
*Directed by Brenton Cochran*
*Produced by Cory Ott and Lindsay Patterson*

*Performance presented with special arrangement with DRAMATISTS PLAY
SERVICE. *

*APRIL 11th - 14th, 2019*
*Thursday, Friday and Saturday at 7:30pm*
*Sunday at 2:30pm*
*At the Strand at 123 Broad St. Wadsworth, OH*
*Tickets: $10 at the door. General Admission.*
*WWW.WADSWORTHFOOTLIGHTERS.COM <http://WWW.WADSWORTHFOOTLIGHTERS.COM>*

In the middle of a howling snowstorm, a bus out of Kansas City pulls up at
a cheerful roadside diner. All roads are blocked, and four or five weary
travelers are going to have to hole up until morning. Cherie, a nightclub
chanteuse in a form-fitting dress and a seedy fur-trimmed jacket, is the
passenger with most to worry about. She's been pursued, made love to and
finally kidnapped by a twenty-eight-year-old cowboy with a ranch of his own
and the romantic methods of an unusually headstrong bull. The belligerent
cowhand is right behind her, ready to sling her over his shoulder and carry
her, alive and kicking, all the way to Montana. Even as she's ducking out
from under his clumsy but confident embraces, and screeching at him
fiercely to shut him up, she pauses to furrow her forehead and muse,
"Somehow deep inside of me I got a funny feeling I'm gonna end up in
Montana …" As a counterpoint to the main romance, the proprietor of the
cafe, Grace (originated on Broadway by the legend Elaine Stritch) and the
bus driver at last find time to develop a friendship of their own; a
middle-age scholar comes to terms with himself; and a young girl who works
in the cafe also gets her first taste of romance.

*Don't miss this all star cast and boldly directed production about the
different facets of love, and the roads you didn't take.  *

*Cast of Characters:*

*GRACE ... **Jenilee Taylor*
*ELMA ... **Sarah Price*
*WILL ...* *Martin Carlton*