[NEohioPAL] Get Hep Swing's 20th anniversary party & swing prom on Saturday, April 27th at The Beachland Ballroom

Valerie Salstrom info at gethepswing.com
Fri Apr 5 11:35:17 PDT 2019

Join us for a celebration of two decades of swing dance and swing music in Cleveland!

Get Hep Swing’s 20th anniversary party & Swing Prom!

Saturday, April 27th at The Beachland Ballroom
Doors open - 7 pm
Beginner-friendly Jitterbug lesson - 7:30-8 pm No partner or experience required.
The Jazz Vipers featuring Sweet B - 8 pm
Swing Prom King & Queen crowned - 9:30 pm

$15 per person
Tickets may be purchased directly from Valerie Salstrom or The Beachland Ballroom.
$18 day of show

Purchase tickets online at https://www.ticketfly.com/purchase/event/1839385?utm_medium=bks&fbclid=IwAR0QgyDyoW9MZwiDluYJ2no2Wj-VzJvomrgLfpMw3VWUxqAd9GQZ67wQa8Q

We are going back to the birthplace of the modern swing dance scene in Cleveland, Ohio. The Beachland Ballroom is where so many of us saw our first live concerts that made us want to get up and take to the dance floor with triple steps, rock steps, swivels, spins, and kicks.

Celebrate Get Hep Swing’s 20th Anniversary at the annual Swing Prom on Saturday, April 27th with Get Hep Swing's creators Valerie Salstrom and Joel Plys.

Whether you are a swing dancer or swing music fan from 1999 or 2019, this is a not-to-be-missed event.

We have exciting plans for the evening including -

Adam Lee and Brittney Caraway joining forces to present you a truly unforgettable night of swing music from The Pitt Vipers featuring Sweet B.

A performance by internationally acclaimed swing dance champions, Alexis Davila and Cyle Dixon.

A beginner-friendly jitterbug lesson with Valerie Salstrom and her first dance partner and co-creator of Get Hep Swing, Joel Plys.

A photo op spot for you and your friends to show off in your prom attire.

The chance to win swell prizes if you are elected to the swing prom court. Dress to impress.

Get Hep Swing -

Valerie Salstrom and Joel Plys created the Cleveland-based swing dance company in 1999 to share their passion for all forms of swing dance from the 1920s through the 1950s. They spent many nights dancing to live music and especially loved the time they spent tearing it up at The Beachland Ballroom. They cannot wait to return and cut a rug with you all. Joel currently lives in Southern California and we are so pleased that he is able to make it back to Cleveland to celebrate this momentous occasion with his long-time and new swing dance friends. Valerie continues to operate Get Hep Swing and you can often see her teaching, dancing, performing, competing, and judging all over Cleveland, the United States, Europe, and Asia.