[NEohioPAL] Ensemble concludes in 2018-19 Season with WATER BY THE SPOONFUL.

Ensemble Theatre info at ensemble-theatre.org
Wed Apr 10 13:52:31 PDT 2019

*ENSEMBLE THEATRE* concludes its 39th season *-THE FUTURE IS BRIGHT- *with*:
*

*The winner of the 2012 Pulitzer Prize for Drama: *
*WATER BY THE SPOONFUL*
by *Quiara Alegría Hudes*
Directed by *Celeste Cosentino*

*April 26-May 19, 2019.*
MainStageTheater

Somewhere in Philadelphia, Elliot has returned from Iraq and is struggling
to find his place in the world. Somewhere in a chat room, recovering
addicts keep each other alive, hour by hour, day by day. The boundaries of
family and community are stretched across continents and cyberspace as
birth families splinter and online families collide. Water by the Spoonful
is a heartfelt meditation on lives on the brink of redemption.

*"The play is a combination poem, prayer and app on how to cope in an age
of uncertainty, speed and chaos. When cyber meets the real world, anger
gives way to forgiveness and resistance becomes redemption; the heart of
the play opens up and the waters flow freely." -Variety.*
* "Most of all, the play... has a warm, welcoming spirit and a
life-affirming message. People instinctively take care of each other;
hitting bottom is the start of the trip back up." -Time*

*Our entire 2018|2019 Season will take place in the heart of Coventry
Village on the Coventry P.E.A.C.E. Campus!!!*
2843 Washington Blvd | Cleveland Heights, OH 44118

*JOIN US! What stories we have to tell! *
We are also excited to partner with the Heights Libraries for additional
programming through out the season!
Stay tuned for a schedule of surrounding activities and talkbacks!! Check
our website for details!!

*Fridays and Saturdays* @ 8pm. *Sundays *@ 2pm
*216-321-2930* | *tickets at ensemble-theatre.org
<tickets at ensemble-theatre.org>*
Online: *www.ensembletheatrecle.org <http://www.ensembletheatrecle.org>*

*Opening Night Reception* with CHOCOLATE COVERED STRAWBERRIES! (Friday,
4/26/19).
*Opening Night Happy Hour/Open Studio Night *with ARTFUL CLEVELAND!
(Friday,4/26/19) *6-8pm. *Cash Bar
*Pay What YOU can Sunday *April 27th @2pm.
*Talkback with "Improbable Players" <https://www.improbableplayers.org>*
Sunday, 5/12/19.

*With an amazing cast and crew of LOCAL artists!*
*Santino Montanez *as Eliiot Ortiz
*Inés Joris *as Odessa Ortiz aka "Haikumom"
*Tania Benites *as Yazmin Ortiz
*Greg White *as "Chutes & Ladders"
*Kat Shy* as "Orangutan"
*Jason Markouc *as "Fountainhead"
*Meshal Al Sunaid *as Professor Aman/Ghost/Policeman

Executive Artistic Director/Director: *Celeste Cosentino*
Artistic Associate: *Tyler Whidden*
General Manager/Prod. Stage Manager: *Becca Moseley *
Lighting/Set/Projection Design: *Ian Hinz*
Technical Director *August Scarpelli *
Costume Design by *Meg Parish*

*PARKING*
Parking can be found in the Coventry School parking lot to the south of the
theatre, also along Washington Blvd and surrounding streets.

*SINGLE TICKETS
<https://squareup.com/store/ensemble-theatre-of-cleveland/item/water-by-the-spoonful>
*are $12-$29 (On Sale NOW)

Ensemble will announce our AMAZING *2019-2020 Season this Saturday* at our
End of Season Benefit and 40th Anniversary Celebration!
*New Season passes will be on sale May 1st! *

Call *216-321-2930* or email *info at ensemble-theatre.org
<info at ensemble-theatre.org>* for more information!

*Great Scripts. Cleveland Artists!*
*We look forward to seeing you in our audience! *