[NEohioPAL] Season Auditions for SEAT OF THE PANTS

Craig Joseph craigjose at gmail.com
Mon Apr 15 07:25:28 PDT 2019

Seat of the Pants Productions
<https://www.facebook.com/seatofthepants/?__tn__=K-R&eid=ARBOCOab59EyOc7fcnrfwEHqLoHK1_QgMyH6qkbrGw3CO5i9wJA7Lc6MYbrKPNvLUVgQTN0UNFfAD7KX&fref=mentions&__xts__%5B0%5D=68.ARBR8FWXLwIXTEULK8TL6B2gKYZu18-1zFJz_1yL0ouWt1r1S6bWaeTRny4R8SKMNGIjmogvjN_dt6AbRFx5cWAz2TmwLUCwYgwp405QZBo8VbDvcYQMkvUd1uO9KZXjUnHWHmV16Hd8damH3gHAkSDGhAuHLBxwZYx-OSuvclk-HcJqM2t12xavxCUb9YG9qI2v-CZQDPzRxRr2QYKWfM77WuvBzP3eyjcgWceeiXfFPe0BaiHuMG5sYttduHdS9-GFdvQd6zz06r0XUcAYf8hH4bdjfEoI0v0ztfm2apo46QDJI74ee9xZ9sk4snGDiryR58GRY12Hp2T_luIt1RHi959o>
is
excited to invite actors to audition for our 2019-2020 season, The Kindness
of Strangers, four plays that all pose questions about how we interact with
and what obligations we have to the stranger, foreigner, alien, or person
who is different in our midst.

Auditions will be held Saturday, May 11th, from 2-5 PM, and Monday, May
13th, from 7-10 PM, at Akron Christian Reformed Church, 50 Marshall Avenue in
Akron, OH.

Those interested in auditioning should prepare two contrasting monologues,
one comic and one dramatic, totaling no more than 3 minutes. You should
also bring a single copy of your resume and headshot, along with a calendar
to address known conflicts.

Roles are available for men aged 20s-60s. Roles are available for females
aged 20s-70s. Also looking for one young man (15-17), one girl (12-14) and
a young boy (8-10). All roles are open to all races and ethnicities, except
for a few roles specified in the season breakdown, which will be on the
website (www.seatofthepants.org
<http://www.seatofthepants.org/?fbclid=IwAR2etdBLL3J-pfSArLtVr5y1j4nC2FhQVVc0c8NV0gQ6_rlZU2Li0oXpIU0>)
later this week after the full season is announced.

3-4 Equity contracts are available for the season. These are Tier One
Special Appearance contracts.

All actors, Equity and non-Equity, will be compensated.

If interested in auditioning, please send an e-mail to
craig at seatofthepants.org that includes:

Your Name
Equity Status
Preferred Day
Preferred Hour of Slot

Someone will get back to you to confirm your appointment.

A WORD ABOUT LOCATION: As our name suggests, Seat of the Pants produces
theatre wherever and whenever - throughout NE Ohio - in Canton, Akron, and
Cleveland. While we enter auditions with a rough idea of the four slots for
our shows (November 2019, February 2020, May 2020, and August 2020), exact
determination of which show where and when will be decided based upon who
is cast. At auditions, each actor will have an opportunity to check boxes
about which cities he or she would be willing to drive to for both
rehearsals and performances.