[NEohioPAL] Shakespeare workshop April 30 6-8

doctor celery doctorcelery at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 21 14:03:49 PDT 2019

"Using storytelling to create an emotional connection with your monologue"

Dr. Jaffe will be offering the fourth in his series of acting workshops on Shakespeare.  Using storytelling and both physical and emotional recall, you will explore how to add a realistic and meaningful emotional element to a Shakespearian monologue.

If you are currently working on a monologue, feel free to bring it (memorized or not).  Some will also be provided.

Come dressed for comfort and movement, wearing appropriate shoes.  Any age welcome, high school and older.

Location:  the Royce Hall for Fine and Performing Arts (should be on your GPS)--on the campus of Lake Erie College in Painesville, Oh.  Parking on Gillett Street.

Time:  Tuesday, April 30, 6-8

Cost:  $20

Rsvp or questions: Dr. Jaffe (jjaffe at lec.edu)

About Dr. Jaffe:  Since age 7, Jerry has directed or otherwise worked on over 100+ shows.  He has his PhD from Bowling Green State University.  He taught theatre and directed in Japan, New Zealand, and also around the US.  As an actor, he once toured with Japan's largest professional theatre company.  His NZ production of THE SHAPE OF THINGS was cited as one of the best plays nationwide that year.  A review called his production of ALMOST, MAINE "almost perfect."

 If you have a Shakespearean monologue you are already working on, please bring it (memorized or not).  Plus, I'll bring a few extras.  My theme will be,   I will be posting to neopal, it is open to anybody.  The cost will eb the same, $20.

"She went down to the pet shop and came back with two alligators. We asked her why she'd got two alligators, and she said they were on sale. Buy one at the regular price and you got another one for a penny. An alligator one cent sale. In its own way it made sense." Richard Brautigan, A CONFEDERATE GENERAL FROM BIG SUR