[NEohioPAL] Now Enrolling for Billy Booth Arts and Science Factory

Sarah.Bailey at USE.SalvationArmy.Org Sarah.Bailey at USE.SalvationArmy.Org
Mon Apr 29 06:03:04 PDT 2019

Billy Booth Arts and Science Factory, 2019
           The Learning Zone at 190 South Maple Street Akron, OH

  Join us this summer and soar above the rest in our one of a kind summer
camp.  We offer classes in music, art, poetry, theatre, dance, and STEM. We
                  know you will find something you love!

            HOURS: 8am-3pm with after-care available from 3-5pm

     COST: $55 per week/$15 per week for aftercare. Title XX accepted

             LOCATION: 190 South Maple Street Akron, OH 44302

          SPACE IS LIMITED!  Call Sarah at 330-434-7514 or go to
       https://oh.salvationarmy.org/Akron-Summit/Billy_Booth_Factory

Summer Session 1:

6/3-6/14 Theme: “Blast Off” into summer

3..2..1…blast off into fun!!!  We will kick off our summer with a fun and
interactive two weeks of STEM designed by NASA. We also have classes in
music, visual art, and More.  We will have a planned trip to the Akron Art
Museum and a nature hike in the park!

6/17-6/28 Theme: Rocking and Rolling

Explore your new talents in music with our drumming class and then jump and
jive with our dance class.  Roll out some science in our second week of fun
and interactive science experiments and top it all off with a bit of
theatre with our expert theatre instructor. We are planning a trip to the
Akron Zoo!!

Summer Session 2:

7/8-7/19 Theme: Island Adventure

Join us as we travel to the islands and have our very own luau! You will
learn how to keep your friends and family entertained with theatre and
comedy training while becoming the next billionaire with our Junior
Achievement program! We are planning a trip to a nearby park for a camp
picnic.

7/22-8/9 Theme: Lights, Camera, Action--Performance Workshop

Dim the lights and grab your hat…the Salvation Army Youth Company is
putting on a show.  When they are not in rehearsal, they will be honing
their skills with two of the most renowned theatre instructors in Northeast
Ohio. We will include a special trip to see a live performance AND your
child will star on stage in our production of “Seussical the Musical Kids.”
A perfect memory to end the summer!

8/11-8/16 BONUS WEEK: End of the Summer Bonanza

Spend your last few moments soaking up the best that summer has to offer.
Fun and games!! Ending with a summer carnival!

Hope to see you this summer!

Sarah Bailey M.M.
Director of Arts and Science Programming
The Salvation Army
190 South Maple Street  Akron, OH 44302
330-434-7514
sarah.bailey at USE.salvationarmy.org

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the originator of the message.

Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the sender specifies and with authority, states them to be the views of The Salvation Army.