[NEohioPAL] Review of "Native Gardens" at Cleveland Play House

Bob Abelman r.abelman at roadrunner.com
Sat May 4 10:39:24 PDT 2019

Cleveland Play House’s ‘Native Gardens’ sprouts comedic catharsis

Bob Abelman

Cleveland Jewish News, The News Herald, The Morning Journal

Now is the winter of our discontent, made glorious summer by playwright Karen Zacarias’ delightfully cathartic “Native Gardens” and Cleveland Play House’s superb staging of it.

The play – first performed in 2016 by Cincinnati Playhouse in the Park – may not be the cure for the xenophobia and undesirable isms that weigh down our nation of late, but bringing them into the light and reducing them to first-rate comic relief at least offers a much appreciated and very entertaining respite.

For more of this review, go to:  www.clevelandjewishnews.com/columnists/bob_abelman/