[NEohioPAL] 1776 Closes this Weekend at NWT (& reviews are in!)

Bailey Pfohl BPfohl at nearwesttheatre.org
Mon May 13 07:59:36 PDT 2019

1776  CLOSES THIS WEEKEND!
Read the Review by Mark Horning here<https://www.talkinbroadway.com/page/regional/cleveland/cleve311.html>.

Older Teen & Adult Cast, ages 16+
Book by Peter Stone
Music and Lyrics by Sherman Edwards
Based on a concept by Sherman Edwards
Directed by Cory Markowitz

REMAINING PERFORMANCES: MAY 16, 17, 18 & 19​
THURSDAY, FRIDAY & SATURDAY AT 7:30PM, SUNDAY AT 3PM

CLICK HERE<http://boxoffice.printtixusa.com/nearwest/eventcalendar> TO PURCHASE TICKETS or call the Box Office M-F, 11am-4pm at 216.961.6391.

Long before Hamilton, there was 1776! It’s a long, hot summer in Philadelphia, and the Continental Congress is an exhausted and quarrelsome assemblage, at each other’s throats over the burning question of independence from Great Britain. The nation is on the brink of revolution – if only our founding fathers can agree to sign the declaration! American history blazes to vivid life in this unconventional hit musical, revealing the humor and humanity behind these national icons determined to do the right thing for a fledgling nation. In our modern re-shaping of this hit show, and in the spirit of our mission, casting of characters will be open to all genders, races and ethnicities.