[NEohioPAL] Only four more chances to see "Noises Off" at Weathervane Playhouse

Fred Gloor fgloor at weathervaneplayhouse.com
Thu May 23 09:04:36 PDT 2019

The final weekend starts tonight, and here are some of the things people are saying about Noises Off at Weathervane Playhouse:

The "Weathervane cast brings perfection to wildly funny farce" - The Akron Beacon Journal

Full Akron Beacon Journal review https://bit.ly/2VXf3jP

"Noises Off" is an excellent production. I can't praise the work of cast, director and crew enough. Don't miss this excellent treat." - The West Side Leader

Full West Side Leader Review - http://www.akron.com/akron-ohio-entertainment-news.asp?aID=40710

"A delightful group of polished performers who know how to energetically embody their over-the-top characters. Gloor gleefully stages the show, playing up both the verbal and physical comedy to the hilt. His pacing perfectly escalates throughout the three acts, culminating in complete chaos and heightened hilarity by the end of the evening." - In The Land of Cleve

Full In the Land of Cleve review: https://bit.ly/2Vo2Kbf

"The cast is wonderful, and the play is nonstop hilarity! I recommend it." - Audience member

"Great play, we laughed the entire time. Great cast and crew!" - Audience member

Sardines, doors, bags, boxes, words, and us!
Weathervane Playhouse presents the uproarious Noises Off

AKRON - Get ready to laugh until it hurts as Weathervane Playhouse presents the hilarious farce, Noises Off in our Founders Theater through May 26th.  Show times are Thursdays through Saturdays at 7:30 p.m. and Sundays at 2:30 p.m.  Tickets are $10 - $22 and can be purchased by calling 330-836-2626 or going to www.weathervaneplayhouse.com<http://www.weathervaneplayhouse.com>

Noises Off is the original play gone wrong! Often called the funniest farce ever written, Noises Off is the hilarious play-within-a-play that takes a peek behind the curtain as a crazy troupe of second-rate British theater actors rehearses for a show called Nothing On. Full of side-splitting, laugh-out-loud physical comedy, Noises Off promises a guaranteed good night out at the theater! Audience Advisory: Noises Off contains adult language/situations.

This production is directed by Associate Artistic/Marketing Director Fred Gloor, who says "Noises Off may be one of the funniest plays ever written. Despite their best efforts, this intrepid group of performers just can't seem to get it right. I can't claim that there is an enormous meaning in all they endure, but we can all relate to trying our hardest and falling flat. Each one of us is looking for that elusive plate of sardines. It is my hope audiences who come to see Noises Off can forget their cares, sit back, and laugh at someone falling down the stairs."

Noises Off is presented through special arrangement with Samuel French, Inc. The videotaping or other video or audio recording of this production is strictly prohibited.

THE CAST

JO McGARVEY
Dotty Otley/Mrs. Clackett

ADAM C. ALDERSON