[NEohioPAL] Viewpoint movement and body awareness workshop for actors, June 9 6-8

doctor celery doctorcelery at hotmail.com
Mon May 27 11:31:01 PDT 2019

Viewpoint movement and body awareness workshop for actors, June 9 6-8

The Viewpoints approach to actor training has its roots in famous dance teacher Mary Overlie and was then adapted for the theatre by director Anne Bogart.  Having studies the work of Bogart for many years, I began teaching my own unique approach to Viewpoints training while living in New Zealand.  In addition to directing, while in New Zealand I taught acting at the University of Otago for 6 years.  My approach is gentle and very meditative.  Students learn concepts by doing.  The workshop will be very active, come dressed to move.

Also, this is part one of a two-part workshop.  Part two will be scheduled later this summer, and will address applying Viewpoint techniques to working your Shakespearean monologue.

Each individual workshop will cost $20, but you may sign up for both for $35.

This workshop is open to all members of the community. All levels of experience welcome, beginner to advanced, and all ages from high school on may participate.