[NEohioPAL] There's still time to register for Adult Classes at Weathervane including Acting, Scene Study, Acting for the Camera, and Voice and Movement.

Fred Gloor fgloor at weathervaneplayhouse.com
Tue May 28 13:47:26 PDT 2019

There's still time to sign up for Adult Theatre Classes at Weathervane Playhouse.
Classes begin June 2nd.

Beginning Acting for Adults <https://campscui.active.com/orgs/WeathervanePlayhouse?season=2642107&location=245004>
Teacher: Natalie Blalock Jennings

Sundays, June 2-July 21 (8 weeks)
6:00-8:00 p.m.

$175.00

This class will explore the theory and practice of the basic tools of acting: body movement, vocal production, and imagination. This class will also include an introduction to character analysis, audition basics, monologue work, scene study, and improvisation.

To register CLICK HERE<https://campscui.active.com/orgs/WeathervanePlayhouse?season=2642107&location=245004>

Scene Study <https://campscui.active.com/orgs/WeathervanePlayhouse?season=2642107&location=245004>
Teacher: Fred Gloor

Sundays, June 2-July 21 (8 weeks)
4:00-5:30 p.m.

$175.00

Prerequisite: Beginning Acting for Adults or Equivalent Experience
In this class, we will learn how to break down a script and scene into its component parts in order to create strongly motivated choices that are supported by the text.  Students will learn how to create and commit to a story arc, how to activate intentions, how to motivate blocking and business, and how to apply these skills for maximum performance and audition impact.

To register CLICK HERE<https://campscui.active.com/orgs/WeathervanePlayhouse?season=2642107&location=245004>

Mask Technique<https://campscui.active.com/orgs/WeathervanePlayhouse?season=2642107&location=245004>
Teacher: Mavis Jennings

Sundays, June 2-July 21 (8 weeks)
6:00-8:00 p.m.

$175.00

At its root, an actor's study with neutral mask, (or universal mask) is the exploration of self and the actor within. Originally developed by Jacque Lecoq, mask was advanced as a tool for actors to find and express a deeper emotional honesty and an economy of movement. Mask is also effective in guiding the actor toward an inner core that is poised, centered and focused while they express formidable, true emotions on stage.
Lecoq said, "There are three masks: the one we think we are, the one we really are, and the one we have in common."
My experience with mask work has involved finding not only my own center, but the center of the character I am developing for the stage. Mask work also creates an incredible group dynamic. It is extremely freeing to cover one's face while allowing one's body, movement and posture to tell a story while becoming part of the "whole" of a masked acting company. I eagerly welcome students to take this journey into neutral mask as I am confident you will find your work forever advanced from the experience.

To register CLICK HERE<https://campscui.active.com/orgs/WeathervanePlayhouse?season=2642107&location=245004>
_________________________

Movement and Voice  <https://campscui.active.com/orgs/WeathervanePlayhouse?season=2642107&location=245004>
Teacher: Mavis Jennings

Mondays, June 3-July 22 (8 weeks)
6:00-8:00 p.m.

$175.00

While focusing a great amount of effort creating characters, analyzing text and building performances, the actor is likely to lose touch with their ever-changing instrument, the body and voice. Without continual reacquaintance between the actor and the actors'instrument, a separation of inner, coordinated unity frequently occurs. This is stressful for the working actor who finds they are frequently asking their body/voice to perform tasks for which it is not properly tuned. In our "Voice and Movement for the Actor" class, we will explore our acting instrument, utilizing a progression of Lessac exercises which treat the voice and body as a sum which is greater than its parts. In this re-association between the actor and the actor's energy-instrument, our aim is to set forth, from an 8-week exploration, a freshly minted actor who is ready to take on new tasks with a profoundly aligned and tuned voice, movement/body and energy/instrument.

To register CLICK HERE<https://campscui.active.com/orgs/WeathervanePlayhouse?season=2642107&location=245004>

Acting for the Camera <https://campscui.active.com/orgs/WeathervanePlayhouse?season=2642107&location=245004>
Teacher: Fred Gloor

Mondays, June 3-July 22 (8 weeks)
7:00-8:30 p.m.

$175.00

Actors will work in a studio situation to learn the basics of studio and on-location techniques of  video performance.   They will acquire skills that can be used in professional settings or for personal advancement. The class will focus on video performance training leading to the preparation of sample tapes, audition procedures and conduct, financial aspects of the local and national market, directing for the camera, and interaction and shot composition.

To register CLICK HERE<https://campscui.active.com/orgs/WeathervanePlayhouse?season=2642107&location=245004>

Meet your Instructors:

Natalie Blalock Jennings moved to NYC directly after graduating from High School in Apopka, FL to attend the summer program at The American Academy of Dramatic Arts. During that time she was encouraged by her singing teacher to audition for The American Musical and Dramatic Academy from where she graduated 2 years later. She received her equity card right here in NE Ohio from the Carousel Dinner Theatre (thank you Joey Patton). Natalie was most recently seen playing one of her dream roles (Mama Rose) in this summers production of GYPSY at the Beck Center for Performing Arts in Lakewood, OH. Some of her favorite shows have included Paper Moon (Miss Trixie Delight) at Ford's Theater, The Scarlet Pimpernel (Helen/Chanteuse) Broadway , Houdini (Madame Tolka/Wilma) at Goodspeed Opera House, The Little Mermaid (Ursula) at Beck Center for the Performing Arts, Annie (Miss Hannigan) at Bucks County Playhouse and Ladies and Gentlemen Natalie Blalock (Herself) at Joe's Pub, The Public Theatre, NYC. Other wonderful experiences include the T.V. shows Strangers with Candy (Edie Harley) "The Bully" episode, THE O.C. (Gail VanDeepen) and Eve (Mrs. Garris). Natalie is a grateful member of Actor's Equity and SAG.

Fred Gloor is currently the Associate Artistic Director and Marketing Director at Weathervane Playhouse. He has directed five shows at Weathervane: It's Only a Play, You Can't Take It With You, The Lyons, 4000 Miles, and Noises Off. He taught Intro to Theatre, All levels of Acting, and Theatre History at Tri-C West, and is currently a member of the Theatre and Dance Faculty at Baldwin Wallace University where he teaches Intro to Theatre, Improv, and Script Analysis. A graduate of Kent State University, Fred's other directing credits include Cleveland Public Theatre, Dobama, TitleWave, Charenton, The Second City Cleveland, CVLT, and Tri-C West.  As an actor, he has performed at The Cleveland Play House, Great Lakes Theater, Dobama, The Beck Center, Cain Park, The Second City Cleveland, The Ensemble Theatre, and as a cast member of Something Dada. A member of SAG-AFTRA, he has appeared in numerous commercials and such films as The Dream Catcher and Pirates with Leslie Nielsen, Eric Idle, and Rodney Dangerfield.

Mavis Jennings performed as a singer and actor on Cirque du Soleil's Big Top productions of "Quidam" and "Varekai" from 1998 to 2016. During this time, he sang and acted in over 5000 shows on every continent except Antarctica; a place he hopes to visit one day. While with Cirque, Mavis contributed his teaching skills through the company's outreach program, "Cirque du Monde," where he taught beginning level acting and clown classes to under privileged children in several countries.  It has been Mavis' greatest joy to teach and learn with students about all aspects of theatre, mask and movement techniques. Cirque du Soleil provided frequent Lecoq training workshops for its character actors, singers and acrobats during Mavis' years with the company. This training and years on a traveling stage have been a valuable resource for not only his future creativity, but also his teaching and directing at Kent State University. While Mavis currently resides with his family in Stow, Ohio he is frequently in touch with an enormous resource of friends and artistic-colleagues from around the globe with whom he continually endeavors to build a more worldly and diverse artistic vision.