[NEohioPAL] Opening Weekend is SOLD OUT for "Mamma Mia!" at Weathervane Playhouse

Fred Gloor fgloor at weathervaneplayhouse.com
Fri Jun 14 09:49:24 PDT 2019

Opening weekend is SOLD OUT and
less than 40 tickets remain for our second weekend of "Mamma Mia!" at Weathervane.

A mother. A daughter. Three possible dads. And a trip down the aisle you'll never forget!
Weathervane presents the joyous romp that is "Mamma Mia!"

AKRON - For our final full-length musical of the season, Weathervane Playhouse will spirit you away to a Greek island paradise as we bring Mamma Mia! to our Founders Theater June 13th through July 7th.  Show times are Thursdays through Saturdays at 7:30 p.m. and Sundays at 2:30 p.m.  There is no show on July 4th.  Tickets are $10 - $26 and can be purchased by calling 330-836-2626 or going to www.weathervaneplayhouse.com<http://www.weathervaneplayhouse.com>

ABBA's hit songs tell the hilarious story of a young woman's search for her birth father. On the eve of her wedding, a daughter's quest to discover the identity of her father brings three men from her mother's past back to the island they last visited 20 years ago.  The storytelling magic of ABBA's timeless songs propels this enchanting tale of love, laughter and friendship, creating an unforgettable show. Over 60 million people worldwide have fallen in love with the characters, the story and the music that make Mamma Mia! the ultimate feel-good show!

Mamma Mia! also marks our genius Costume Designer, Jasen J. Smith's, 100th production at Weathervane.  Jasen first came to Weathervane in 2006 as a volunteer to assist with some of the costume pieces for The Rocky Horror Show. Jasen continued to volunteer and assist in the Costume Shop and in 2008, Weathervane created a new staff position, "Resident Designer." Jasen was contacted and encouraged to apply for the position.  Ten years later, he is happily designing his 100th show, Mamma Mia!

Sponsorship of this production is lovingly made by Marta (Williger) & Ian Oppenheim in memory of Patricia Obenour, a dedicated Weathervane volunteer. Patricia was a talented dancer, singer, and actress, and a huge supporter of the arts. She started volunteering at the Weathervane Playhouse in 1963. She continued to be an active volunteer for the next 55 years and encouraged others to volunteer as well.

About Patricia Obenour:  Patricia (Pat) Obenour (formerly Stauffer) was a huge supporter of Weathervane Playhouse. A friend who knew her love of theater, got Pat started volunteering at Weathervane in 1963. She continued to be an active volunteer for the next 55 years and ushered virtually every show. She encouraged others to volunteer as well, including her daughter Marta Williger and grand-daughter Kyla Williger, who have been active Weathervane Volunteers their entire lives thanks to Pat.

Mamma Mia! is presented through special arrangement with Music Theatre International, Inc. The videotaping or other video or audio recording of this production is strictly prohibited.

THE CAST

Sophie Sheridan
TAYLOR MARIE SCOTT

Ali
BROOKE LYTTON

Lisa
BRITTANY TOSATTO

Donna Sheridan
JULIE GEISER

Tanya
CHANDA PORTER

Rosie
KIMBERLY SULLIVAN

Sky
DANE LEE

Pepper
MIKEY MURRAY

Eddie
ZACK TROYER

Harry Bright
PATRICK MICHAEL DUKEMAN

Bill Austin
JAY SIGLER

Sam Carmichael
MARK STOFFER

Father Alexandrios
DOUG KOHL

Ensemble
ALIYAH EVANS
STEPHANIE HIGGINS
NATHAN HILL
BRIAN HIRSCH
HAYLEE HOLT
JOSHUA LARKIN
ABIGAIL LYMAN
DYLAN NICHOLS
JOCI SCOTT
OSCAR WATERS IV

THE CREATIVE TEAM

NANCY CATES
Director

MARISSA LEENAARTS
Choreographer

JOHN EBNER
Musical Director

TIFFANY BIRD
Stage Manager

AYRON LORD
Lighting Designer/Assistant Stage Manager

KELLI PERK
Properties Designer

JOHN COYNE AND CHRISTOPHER PEPE
Sound Designers