[NEohioPAL] It's Baseball Time!

Bette Lou Higgins/Eden Valley Enterprises blheve at edenvalleyenterprises.org
Sat Jun 15 17:09:30 PDT 2019

Come find out why
YOU CAN’T PLAY BALL
IN A SKIRT!

Alta Weiss started her unusual baseball career in 1917.  She pitched for the
Vermilion Independents and even played at Cleveland's League Park!  Find out
more about this baseball phenom on --

*Tuesday, July 16, 2019; 6:30 p.m.: The Grafton Midview Public Library will
host a presentation of Alta’s story with Anne McEvoy portraying the baseball
phenom.  There will be a special appearance by Lois Youngen — catcher in the
All American Girl’s Baseball League from 1951-1954. Refreshments will be
served and doors open at 6:00 p.m.  There is no charge for the program which
is  open to the public and will take place at the Midview Middle School,
37999 Capel Rd. in Grafton. For more information, call the library at (440)
926-3317.

*Monday, July 29, 2019; 7:00 p.m.: Heritage Avon Lake will host a
presentation of a reader’s theatre presentation of Alta’s story presented by
Bette Lou Higgins at 32770 Lake Rd. in Avon Lake. There is no charge for the
presentation which is open to the public. For more information, call the
society at 440-549-4425.

Keep up with all our events by checking our calendar page often at
www.edenvalleyenterprises.org.

To arrange for this, or any of our programs to be presented for your group,
simply reply to this e-mail.  We'd be happy to talk to you about helping you
with your special event.

Bette Lou Higgins
Artistic Director
Eden Valley Enterprises