[NEohioPAL] AUDITIONS: The Revolutionists

Dane CT Leasure dane at rubbercityshakes.com
Mon Jun 17 14:46:10 PDT 2019

The Revolutionists - Auditions
Rubber City Theatre is holding auditions for 2019/2020 mainstage season
production of The Revolutionists. We are casting local non-union actors.
Audition appointments are by appointment only.

WHEN:
Saturday, June 22 from 11:00am - 5:00pm

WHERE:
Rubber City Theatre
243 Furnace St
Akron, OH 44308

TO SCHEDULE AN AUDITION:
APPOINTMENTS CAN BE MADE BY E-MAIL to casting at rubbercitytheatre.com. Please
include your name, phone number, an attachment of your headshot and resume,
and your preferred day and/or time. You will receive a response within
three business days. We will endeavor to schedule you as near as possible
to your requested time, pending availability.

VIDEO AUDITION:
If you cannot make it to auditions, you can submit a video audition by
6/23/19 to the above email of you performing your monologue. Please make
sure to include your headshot and resume.

AEA contracts: No AEA contracts at this time.

Non-AEA contracts:
Non-AEA Contracts will pay $100 stipend.

PREPARATION: Please prepare a monologue and to read from the script. You
will be auditioning for Katie Wells, Director and Dane CT Leasure, Artistic
Director of Rubber City Theatre. Please bring a copy of your most current
headshot and resume.

Rehearsals: Please note rehearsals are typically Monday through Thursday
from 6:30-10:00pm, and Sundays from 4:00-9:00pm. The final week of
rehearsal will end of Wednesday and tech will begin on Saturday
12:00-4:00pm followed by a Sunday from 4:00-9:00pm. At the beginning of the
week leading into opening, we will have Monday off. Performances are
typically Thursdays through Saturdays at 7:30pm, and Sundays at 2:30pm.

We will only allow a couple conflicts during the rehearsal process, no
conflicts during tech and show run.

Venue: This show’s rehearsal and performance location are at our new venue
at 243 Furance St. Akron, OH 44308.

The Revolutionists by Lauren Gunderson
September 6 - September 22, 2019
Director: Katie Wells
First rehearsal: August 12, 2019
Opens: September 6, 2019
Closes: September 22, 2019

In reference to the character descriptions below - most characters we
encounter currently are on the binary and are written with the he/him or
she/her pronouns and you will see that are in the following descriptions.
But, however limiting the descriptions are, our casting seeks to be as
inclusive as possible and we invite gender non-conforming, genderqueer,
transgender, non-binary actors to submit for the roles they most identify
with. We will also list race/ethnicity when specific to the character but
are otherwise seeking all races and ethnicities. As an ADA compliant
theatre, we welcome performers of all abilities and will make all
reasonable accommodations in order to cast performers, regardless of
disability, in any role possible. Please let us know if you have any
questions, concerns, or if there are any accommodations we can provide.
 (Language developed by Kevin Kantor and Emily Tarquin from the Actors
Theatre of Louisville).

Synopsis: Four beautiful, badass women are reimagined as the heroes of the
French Revolution in this passionate new girl-powered comedy. Think a hip
Tina Fey sensibility with wigs and corsets! Although the play is set in the
French Revolution, it has a modern sensibility and all women must be
skilled in comedy, and good with language.
Available roles:
OLYMPE DE GOUGES: Female, 30s/40s. Badass activist, playwright, and
feminist. Theatre nerd, excitable, passionate, a showman. Widowed and never
remarried to ensure her personal freedom.
Ethnicity: All Ethnicities

MARIANNE ANGELLE: Female, 30s, black. A badass black woman in Paris. She is
from the Caribbean, a free woman, a spy working with her husband, Vincent.
Tough, classy, vigilant, the sanest one of them all.
Ethnicity: Black / African Descent

CHARLOTTE CORDAY:Female, 20s. Badass country girl and assassin. Very
serious, hardened by righteousness, never been kissed. Has a pocket watch
she keeps checking. Also plays FRATERNITÉ.
Ethnicity: All Ethnicities

MARIE ANTOINETTE: Female, 30s/40s. Less badass but fascinating former queen
of France. Bubbly, graceful, opinionated, totally unaware, unintentionally
rude, and oddly prescient. Never had a real friend. Also plays FRATERNITÉ.
Ethnicity: All Ethnicities