[NEohioPAL] Tickets Now on Sale for Noah Haidle's SMOKEFALL

Craig Joseph craigjose at gmail.com
Mon Jul 8 05:15:03 PDT 2019

Tickets are now on sale for Seat of the Pants' final production of the
2018-19 season, Noah Haidle's SMOKEFALL. Magic realism collides with manic
vaudeville in this family drama with a chewy metaphysical core.

With a nod to *Our Town,* a man named Footnote acts as our guide for the
evening. In vitro, twin boys discuss philosophy while awaiting their birth.
Their sister, Beauty eats dirt and doesn’t speak, and Father is about to
drive away and never return, leaving pregnant and dreamy Mother alone to
live out Grandfather’s notion that “every love story is a tragedy, because
its ending is built into its beginning.” And that’s just the first act.

Whipping from astonishing tenderness to profound humor and back again, this
wholly original play uncovers the extraordinary family connections that
span and warp across the years and generations, but can never quite be
broken.

SMOKEFALL stars Andrew Gorell*, Heidi Swinford, Aaron Brown, Kelly Strand,
and Bob McCoy. Elizabeth Cammett stage manages.

Performances are August 2-11 at Ensemble Theatre in Cleveland Heights, and
tickets are $20. Check out www.seatofthepants.org/smokefall for more
details or to purchase now!