[NEohioPAL] Review of "Matilda: The Musical" at the Beck Center for the Arts

Bob Abelman r.abelman at roadrunner.com
Mon Jul 15 08:37:48 PDT 2019

Beck Center’s ‘Matilda’ proves that, sometimes, you have to be a little bit naughty

Bob Abelman

Cleveland Jewish News, The News Herald, The Morning Journal

Although I adore Roald Dahl’s darkly satirical children’s book, “Matilda,” I am not a fan of Dennis Kelly’s musical adaptation.  And yet there is much to love about the Beck Center for the Arts’ production of it.

Director Scott Spence and his designers have mined all the humor, all the heart and much of the naughtiness that reside in this work.

For more of this review, go to:  www.clevelandjewishnews.com/columnists/bob_abelman/