[NEohioPAL] Get Hep Swing - Two DJed Swing dances at The Lithuanian Club this weekend! Dance classes before the DJs begin! Dance classes on Saturday & Sunday

Valerie Salstrom info at gethepswing.com
Tue Jul 23 09:52:21 PDT 2019

Pop-up dance party with multi-genre dance champion & international DJ Dan Repsch from Montreal!  2 evening dances, 2 days of classes.

What are people saying about Dan Repsch?  Unflappable positivity, encouragement, friendly & open spirit with rigorous attention to detail, and specific, honest feedback!  Sarah Regenspan

Friday Night Dance - July 26th with Dan Repsch

8-9  Dan teaches an all-levels swing dance lesson at The Lithuanian Club, 877 E. 185th St., Cleveland, Ohio 44119 - If you are brand new to dancing or have been perfecting this art for years, Dan will keep you intrigued and inspired with this lesson.

9-12 Dan & his DJ crew spin from 9-12 - Wow!  This is quite a treat to have an internationally renowned DJ spin for us in Cleveland.  Dan will be joined by 8 (yes, 8!) co-DJs who are ready to impress you with their skills and selections.

$12 per person/pay at the door with cash OR Included if you have purchased a weekend pass for BOTH Saturday and Sunday dance lessons.  Send class payments via PayPal to info at GetHepSwing.com

Saturday Day Classes

11-1 & 2-4  Dan teaches Blues & Slow Balboa for all levels with a focus on compare & contrast.  Full day pricing only because the classes are progressive. - $80 for Saturday classes only.  $90 for a weekend pass.

For this weekend, Dan's descriptions are -
(Slow) Blues
	This intensive-style class will be broken into two parts. First, we’ll work on several movements to help us refine our ability to dance slowly and also to understand the aesthetics that differentiate Blues from Balboa.

In part two, we’ll incorporate into our repertoire some of the techniques and ideas more closely associated with Blues dance.

(Slow) Balboa
	This second intensive style class will also be broken into two parts, mirroring the structure of the first. We’ll initially explore similar movements from the first intensive, but this time coming from a Balboa perspective to better understand the aesthetics specific to this dance. In the second part, we’ll add some of the vocabulary and techniques more closely associated with Balboa.

Saturday Night Dance

8-9 Dan teaches an all-levels swing dance lesson
9-12 Dan & his DJ crew spin from 9-12  $12 (included w/ weekend pass)

Sunday Day Classes

1-3 Dan teaches Slow Swing for all levels.  $40 for Sunday class only, $90 for a weekend pass.

(Slow) Swing
	Let’s set a groove for our slow dancing! We’ll look at the opportunities for rhythmic individual expression that lower tempos offer, and how both leads and follows can suggest those choices and listen to their partner. From there, we’ll see how both leads and follows can play with the idea of accelerations and decelerations within a dance.

For more information see www.GetHepSwing.com

Send class payments via PayPal to info at GetHepSwing.com