[NEohioPAL] Lakeland is seeking a Sound Designer for Fall 2019 Show

Martin Friedman martinfriedman98 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 8 05:53:01 PDT 2019

*Lakeland Theatre*

*Seeking a *

*SOUND DESIGNER*

*for*

*The Inspector General*

 By

*Nikolai Gogol*

This is clearly a paid position. The Inspector General opens on September
13.

This is a great play.

*The Play:*

This play is the epitome of a satire. Hollywood made a movie with Danny
Kaye that bore no resemblance to the play.  Written in 1836 in Russia, by
Nikolai Gogol, *The Inspector General or as it is sometimes called The
Government Inspector,* is a comedy of errors that ridicules political
corruption, local corruption, indeed corruption at all levels; this play
lampoons everybody and everything.  I need actors that are ready take these
characters as far as they can. Truth is always funnier than fake news.

*The Plot: **The corrupt officials of a small town, headed by the Mayor,
react with terror to the news that an undercover inspector will soon be
arriving in their town to investigate them. The Mayor, after years of
shaking down all the crooked city department heads himself, is freaked out.
As the public officials all try to cover up their misdeeds, a suspicious
person has arrived and is staying at the local hotel. That person, however,
is not an inspector, but a smart guy on the take. Sick and tired of the
Mayor’s demand for bribes, the department heads try to buy off the griffter
with the Mayor’s wife and daughter also trying to get in the act. *

  Directed by *Martin Friedman*

 Set Designed by *Craig Tucker *

Lighting Designed by *Marcus Dana*

Costumes Designed by *Jordan Cooper *

 *Production and Rehearsal Dates:*

*The Inspector General **will open on Friday, September 13 and run through
Sunday, September 29, 2019. There will be nine (9) shows; that is THREE (3)
weeks of performances. *

*Rehearsals will begin in early August. We will work around vacations and
Labor Day.*

 For more information please feel free to contact me, Martin Friedman at
martinfriedman98 at gmail.com or at 216/233-5441.