[NEohioPAL] Sherlock Holmes Auditions - PAID

Dane CT Leasure dane at rubbercityshakes.com
Mon Aug 19 10:26:51 PDT 2019

Rubber City Theatre is holding auditions for 2019/2020 mainstage season
production of Sherlock Holmes: The Final Adventure. We are casting local
non-union actors. Audition appointments are by appointment only.

WHEN:

Saturday, September 7 from 11:00am - 5:00pm

Sunday, September 8 from 5:30pm-9:00pm

WHERE:

Rubber City Theatre

243 Furnace St

Akron, OH 44308

TO SCHEDULE AN AUDITION:

APPOINTMENTS CAN BE MADE BY E-MAIL to casting at rubbercitytheatre.com. Please
include your name, phone number, an attachment of your headshot and resume,
and your preferred day and/or time. You will receive a response within
three business days. We will endeavor to schedule you as near as possible
to your requested time, pending availability.

AEA contracts: No AEA contracts at this time.

Non-AEA contracts:

Non-AEA Contracts will pay $100 stipend.

PREPARATION: Please prepare a monologue and to read from the script. You
will be auditioning for Katie Wells, Assistant Artistic Director, Dane CT
Leasure, Director and Artistic Director of Rubber City Theatre, and Russell
Aguirre, Assistant Director. Please bring a copy of your most current
headshot and resume.

Rehearsals: Please note rehearsals are typically Monday through Thursday
from 6:30-10:00pm, and Sundays from 4:00-9:00pm. The final week of
rehearsal will end of Wednesday and tech will begin on Saturday
12:00-4:00pm followed by a Sunday from 4:00-9:00pm. At the beginning of the
week leading into opening, we will have Monday off. Performances are
typically Thursdays through Saturdays at 7:30pm, and Sundays at 2:30pm.

We will only allow a couple conflicts during the rehearsal process, no
conflicts during tech and show run.

Venue: This show’s rehearsal and performance location are at our new venue
at 243 Furance St. Akron, OH 44308.

Sherlock Holmes: The Final Adventure by Steven Dietz

Director: Dane CT Leasure

First rehearsal: September 30, 2019

Opens: October 25, 2019

Closes: November 10, 2019

Extension: None

In reference to the character descriptions below - most characters we
encounter currently are on the binary and are written with the he/him or
she/her pronouns and you will see that are in the following descriptions.
But, however limiting the descriptions are, our casting seeks to be as
inclusive as possible and we invite gender non-conforming, genderqueer,
transgender, non-binary actors to submit for the roles they most identify
with. We will also list race/ethnicity when specific to the character but
are otherwise seeking all races and ethnicities. As an ADA compliant
theatre, we welcome performers of all abilities and will make all
reasonable accommodations in order to cast performers, regardless of
disability, in any role possible. Please let us know if you have any
questions, concerns, or if there are any accommodations we can provide.
(Language developed by Kevin Kantor and Emily Tarquin from the Actors
Theatre of Louisville).

Synopsis: The world's greatest detective has seemingly reached the end of
his remarkable career when a case presents itself that is too tempting to
ignore: The King of Bohemia is about to be blackmailed by a notorious
photograph, and the woman at the heart of this crime is the famous opera
singer, Irene Adler. With his trusted companion, Doctor Watson, at his
side, Sherlock Holmes pursues first the case, and then the affections of
Miss Adler—and in doing so, marches right into the lair of his longtime
adversary, that malevolent genius of crime: Professor Moriarty. In this
spirited, fast-moving and thoroughly theatrical adaptation, Steven Dietz
presents Holmes at the height of his powers—surrounded by all the elements
that fans of his exploits have come to expect: danger, intrigue, wit, humor
and surprise. "The game is afoot, Watson—and it is a dangerous one!"

Available roles:

Sherlock Holmes: Male, 30s/40s.

the charismatic, focused, brilliant, and famous detective with ego and
pride to match; captures criminals through his excellent powers of
deduction, observation, and logic; wry sense of humor; passionate to the
challenge/game of crime and those being wronged.

Ethnicity: All Ethnicities

Dr. Watson: Male, 30s/40s.

narrator of the story; Holmes’ loyal and astute sidekick; extremely brave,
resourceful, and practical; also very selfless and modest, as he puts
himself at risk to help Holmes; rather skeptical about his companion's
ideals; sarcastic and has an erratic sense of humor.

Ethnicity: All Ethnicities

Irene Adler: Female, 20s/30s.

famous, charismatic, striking, graceful, and dynamic opera singer; once had
an affair with the King, now luring our detective "into her web"; highly
intuitive and clever; almost an equal match to the intellect and deductive
expertise of Holmes.

Ethnicity: All Ethnicities

Professor Moriarty: Male, 30s/40s.

Holmes’ nemesis and his ultimate equal match in “the game"; criminal
mastermind--oversees much of London’s criminal activity; an educated and
brilliant man with a masterful habit of never leaving a trace.

Ethnicity: All Ethnicities

King of Bohemia: Male, 20s/30s.

a desperate, rather dramatic man of royal descent to be married in two
weeks; hires Holmes to dispense of a problem with former lover of Irene
Adler.

Ethnicity: All Ethnicities

James Larrabee: Male, 20s/30s.

as an upper-class lawyer, Godfrey Norton he quickly marries Irene Adler,
but in truth he is James, a lower-class swindler and a scam artist.

Ethnicity: All Ethnicities

Madge Larrabee: Female, 20s/30s.

James Larrabee’s scheming and unfeeling sister, Madge Larrabee is also part
of Moriarty's gang.

Ethnicity: All Ethnicities

Sid Prince: Male, 20s/30s. (This role will double with other small parts)

Moriarty’s hit man and thug, Sid Prince is not too bright, but he has some
strong criminal skills.

Ethnicity: All Ethnicities