[NEohioPAL] Ensemble Theatre opens its 40th Anniversary Season with 'By The Bog of Cats'.

Ensemble Theatre info at ensemble-theatre.org
Mon Aug 19 13:23:54 PDT 2019

*:: Press Release :: For Immediate Release ::  *

*:: Ensemble Theatre begins its 40th Anniversary Season! ::*
Dedicated to Ensemble Founder *Lucia Colombi*, this season will focus on
'Making Her Story'!
All shows are written by women, directed by women, and starring women.

Ensemble opens its 40th season with:
*BY THE BOG OF CATS*
By *Marina Carr *:: Directed by *Celeste Cosentino*
*September 6-29, 2019 *:: *MainStage*Theatre :: *Cleveland Premiere!*
Fridays & Saturdays @8pm :: Sundays @2pm

Loosely based on Euripides' tragedy Medea, this is the prophetic tale of
Hester Swane, an Irish Traveller, who attempts to come to terms with a
lifetime of abandonment in a world where all whom she has loved have
discarded her. Set on the bleak, ghostly landscape of the Bog of Cats, this
provocative drama discloses one woman's courageous attempts to lay claim to
that which is hers, as her world is torn in two.  Starring Cleveland's
own *Derdriu
Ring** as Hester. **(Member of Actors’ Equity Association) *“BY THE BOG OF
CATS is a furious, uncompromising tale of greed and betrayal, of murder and
profound self-sacrifice.”

*"…this contemporary Irish variation on Medea [offers] a compelling look
into a mind warped by human unkindness…it would be folly to miss this
memorable illumination of a descent into darkness." -Bay Area Reporter*

Our entire 2019|2020 Season will take place in the heart of Coventry
Village on the Coventry P.E.A.C.E. Campus!!!
2843 Washington Blvd | Cleveland Heights, OH 44118

*JOIN US! What stories we have to tell!*
We are also excited to partner with the Heights Libraries for additional
programming through out the season!
Stay tuned for a schedule of surrounding activities and talkbacks!! Check
our website for details!!

*Fridays and Saturdays @ 8pm. Sundays @ 2pm*
*216-321-2930* | tickets at ensemble-theatre.org
Click* HERE
<https://squareup.com/store/ensemble-theatre-of-cleveland/item/by-the-bog-of-cats>
*to purchase tickets online.

   - *Opening Night Happy Hour/Open Studio Night* with ARTFUL CLEVELAND!
   (Friday,9/6/19) *6-8pm.
   - *Opening Night Reception* with wine, cheese, and CHOCOLATE COVERED
   STRAWBERRIES! (Friday, 9/6/19).
   - *Pay what YOU can* Sunday (9/8/19) @2pm.

Check our website for any updates on surrounding talk backs or pre/post
show events!!

*With an amazing cast and crew of LOCAL artists!*
*Derdriu Ring**  as Hester Swane
*Daniel Telford *as Carthage Kilbride
*Lexi Cowan* as Josie Kilbride
*Julia Kolibab** as Mrs. Kilbride
*Laura Starnik* as Monica Murray
*Maryann Elder *as The Catwoman
*Bob McCoy* as Xavier Cassidy
*Erin Moran* as Caroline Cassidy
*Nate Homolka* as The Ghost Fancier
*Nicholas Chokan* as The Ghost of Joseph Swane
*Greg White* as Father Willow
*TJ Hayes* as Young Dunne.
*(Members of Actors' Equity Association)

Executive Artistic Director/Director: Celeste Cosentino
Production Stage Manager: Gabrielle DeFelice
Assistant Stage Manager/Props: Becca Moseley
Lighting/Set/Projection Design: Ian Hinz
Technical Director: James Rankin
Costume Design: Meg Parish

*PARKING*
Parking can be found in the Coventry School parking lot to the south of the
theatre, also along Washington Blvd and surrounding streets.

*SINGLE TICKETS* are $12-$29 (On Sale NOW)
Call 216-321-2930 or email info at ensemble-theatre.org for more information!
Online: www.ensembletheatrecle.org

*Great Scripts. Cleveland Artists!*
*We look forward to seeing you in our audience!*