[NEohioPAL] AUDITION NOTICE: My Mother****** College Life at Avenue Arts Marketplace & Theatre

Avenue Arts Marketplace & Theatre avenueartstheatre at gmail.com
Mon Sep 2 14:00:35 PDT 2019

My Mother#*!^%#! College Life Auditions
Avenue Arts Marketplace & Theatre announces auditions for MY MOTHER#*!^%#! COLLEGE LIFE

Located at 324 Cleveland Ave. NW Canton, Ohio 44702

SYNOPSIS:What’s in the minds and hearts of college students today? In 40 monologues and a few dialogues, this multicultural ensemble questions everything they encounter: social justice and gender identity, self-awareness and relationship boundaries, future prospects and roommate etiquette. What emerges is a humorous and heartbreaking portrait of a new generation struggling with higher education’s promise of “personal transformation.” Structured in three acts, the play begins with matriculation and ends with graduation. The monologues in Act I, titled “Great Expectations,” focus on encounters with new friends, financial aid, antidepressants, homework, sex, sleep deprivation and courses in physics and math. Act II, “Paradise Lost,” features parties, budding and broken relationships, unexpected encounters with race and religion, sexual orientation and hitting rock bottom. Act III, “Metamorphoses,” portrays students emerging from four years of challenge and change with surprising insights, political convictions and plans for a scary, uncertain future. The mixture of serious and comedic monologues captures the extreme difficulty—sometimes absurd and at other times overwhelming—of self-discovery and community-building. While the monologues convey the sense that students often feel alone in their quest for great success or simply survival, the ensemble itself presents a very different truth—at least they’re alone together.

My Mother#*!^%#! College Life is produced by special arrangement with THE DRAMATIC PUBLISHING COMPANY of Woodstock, Illinois.

Directed by: David Lee

Auditions will be held on Tuesday, October 15th and Wednesday, October 16th from 7-9pm
Callbacks (if necessary) will take place on Thursday, October 17th.

All auditioners are asked to come prepared to cold read from the script. We also ask that you bring a current headshot and resume with you to auditions.

IMPORTANT: Due to adult language and situations, all individuals under the age of 18 are required to be accompanied by a parent to auditions - permission slip required!

Rehearsals will begin on October 20th and generally run Sunday through Thursday evenings.

Performances: November 15th, 16th, 22nd and 23rd at 8pm

TO SIGN UP FOR AUDITIONS, PLEASE VISIT: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/60b0c4bafa82ca3fe3-mymother <https://www.signupgenius.com/go/60b0c4bafa82ca3fe3-mymother>

CHARACTERS:

Ensemble of actors will perform the following monologues:

College
A Greek Chorus
Fish Face Girl
Matthew 15:11
The F*ckers in Financial Aid
Seek Immediate Medical Attention If
Urine Trouble
Roommate Rant
Hear
Wendell Berry and His Fucking Computers
Thanks, Giving
The Dark
Like Clockwork
Black Hole
When Winter Came to Freshman Year
Coming Back Alone
Sure You Can Walk Me Home Even Though We Live in the Same Building
The Party
Thirsty
A Sonnet
Undress Me
The Three Commandments
Devil on My Shoulder
Taste
555 N. Limestone
I'm a Mess
Touch
Recovery
Ditched
Junebugs
Fair Weather
Chem Trails
"I'm Sorry, Hannah"
Free Jack White
An Invocation
Brannon, Brumley, Bro
Breaking Up With Your University
Change
Gravity
Changing Shape
I Think I'm Allergic to College
Bedtime Prayer
Where Good Habits Go to Die
21
Stroll

Seeking a diverse cast of actors of ALL AGES for this production!!!

All questions should be directed to avenueartstheatre at gmail.com