[NEohioPAL] 90-MINUTE SWING DANCE WORKSHOP IN AVON LAKE ON WEDNESDAY, SEPT. 4TH WITH GET HEP SWING

Valerie Salstrom info at gethepswing.com
Tue Sep 3 17:45:22 PDT 2019

Learn the fundamental skills of the easiest and most well-known form of partnered dancing - The Jitterbug!

Jitterbug is also known as East Coast Swing or Swing. You will learn two of the basic footwork patterns and how to lead and follow a fun mix of spins and turns in open and closed position. Learning to swing dance is a great way to meet people and get some exercise! We would be delighted for you to join us for either or both of these two workshops. We have one on Sept. 4th and one on Sept. 14th. Each workshop will start off with the triple step footwork pattern, a version of the tuck turn, and a version of a side pass, from there each workshop will cover unique materials so you may take both workshops and you will learn new material each time.

We make learning how to partner dance fun and we will have you ready to confidently step onto the dance floor at the FireFish Festival on September 21st. There is no need to sign up with a partner but, please indicate if you would like to lead or follow when you register for this workshop. We will rotate partners, however, if you attend with a partner and prefer not to rotate that is fine.

This workshop is taught by swing dance champion Valerie Salstrom who is also the owner of the swing dance company Get Hep Swing.

Students should wear comfortable clothing and shoes with a non-stick sole. The floor is marley. High heels are not permitted.

The cost is $20 per person.

You must pre-register online or on the phone before the class begins. Please go to http://www.tncarts.org/events/swing-dance/

TrueNorth Cultural Arts is located at 739-1 MOORE RD. AVON LAKE, OH 44012. Plenty of free parking is available.

If you have questions about this class please contact Valerie at info at gethepswing.com or call 216-374-1927.

www.TNCArts.org or call 440-653-5353