[NEohioPAL] Paid Musician - International music - Refugee Art Exhibit September 11

Diane Mull dianemull3845 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 6 03:37:18 PDT 2019

WHAT: We are looking for a musician or musicians available to play some
variety of international music as a background music at our evening
reception for our program Columbus Crossing Borders which is an art exhibit
about refugees (more info on exhibit below).

WHERE: Lakeland Community College, Kirtland, OH

WHEN: Wednesday, *September 11th,* 5-7 p.m. (set up by 4:30 p.m.)

PAY: *$200 *total

CONTACT: Gloria Lane, glane at lakelandcc.edu, (440)525.7436.  Please email a
short track sample of music to this address with your contact information.
If you do not have a track to send, reach out via phone.

The Columbus Crossing Borders Project Pop-Up Exhibit and Documentary

The Columbus Crossing Borders Project,a traveling art exhibit and
documentary film relating to the record high numbers of displaced persons
across the globe, is coming to Lakeland Community College. This event is
free and open to the public.

The pop-up art exhibit includes the works of 34 artists depicting stories
shared by refugees, offering small windows into their personal struggles.
As the exhibit moves left to right, each painting contains an element that
reaches into the painting beside it.

A documentary film titled “Breathe Free,” also a part of The Columbus
Crossing Borders Project, will be screened on campus throughout the event.
The 50 minute documentary will be shown at multiple times on Sept. 11 and
12.

[image: crossingborders1.jpg]