[NEohioPAL] A Christmas Carol Auditions - RCT

Dane CT Leasure dane at rubbercityshakes.com
Wed Sep 25 07:54:20 PDT 2019

Rubber City Theatre is holding auditions for 2019/2020 mainstage season
production of A Christmas Carol. We are casting local non-union actors.
Audition appointments are by appointment only.

WHEN:

Saturday, October 12 from 1:00pm - 6:00pm

Sunday, October 13 from 11:00am - 2:00pm

Accepting Video Auditions through October 14.

WHERE:

Rubber City Theatre

243 Furnace St

Akron, OH 44304

TO SCHEDULE AN AUDITION:

APPOINTMENTS CAN BE MADE BY E-MAIL to casting at rubbercitytheatre.com. Please
include your name, phone number, an attachment of your headshot and resume,
and your preferred day and/or time. You will receive a response within
three business days. We will endeavor to schedule you as near as possible
to your requested time, pending availability.

AEA contracts: No AEA contracts at this time.

Non-AEA contracts:

Non-AEA Contracts will pay $100 stipend. Actors under 18 will be paid a
stipend as well.

PREPARATION: Please prepare a monologue and to read from the script. You
will be auditioning for Casey Robinson, Director, Dane CT Leasure, Director
and Artistic Director of Rubber City Theatre, and Russell Aguirre, Artistic
Apprentice. Please bring a copy of your most current headshot and resume.
VIDEO AUDITIONS: Please submit a video of a monologue.

Rehearsals: Please note rehearsals are typically Monday through Thursday
from 6:30-10:00pm, and Sundays from 4:00-9:00pm. The final week of
rehearsal will end of Wednesday and tech will begin on Saturday
12:00-4:00pm followed by a Sunday from 4:00-9:00pm. At the beginning of the
week leading into opening, we will have Monday off. Performances are
typically Thursdays through Saturdays at 7:30pm, and Sundays at 2:30pm.

We will only allow a couple conflicts during the rehearsal process, no
conflicts during tech and show run.

Venue: This show’s rehearsal and performance location are at our new venue
at 243 Furnace St. Akron, OH 44304.

In reference to the character descriptions below - most characters we
encounter currently are on the binary and are written with the he/him or
she/her pronouns and you will see that are in the following descriptions.
But, however limiting the descriptions are, our casting seeks to be as
inclusive as possible and we invite gender non-conforming, genderqueer,
transgender, non-binary actors to submit for the roles they most identify
with. We will also list race/ethnicity when specific to the character but
are otherwise seeking all races and ethnicities. As an ADA compliant
theatre, we welcome performers of all abilities and will make all
reasonable accommodations in order to cast performers, regardless of
disability, in any role possible. Please let us know if you have any
questions, concerns, or if there are any accommodations we can provide.
(Language developed by Kevin Kantor and Emily Tarquin from the Actors
Theatre of Louisville).

A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens (Adapted by Dane CT Leasure and Casey
Robinson)

December 6 - December 22, 2019

Director: Casey Robinson

First rehearsal: November 10, 2019

Opens: December 6, 2019

Closes: December 22, 2019

Casting: 5m, 3f, 3m/f,  6 children

This timeless holiday classic is an annual tradition here at Rubber City
Theatre. Join Scrooge as he journeys through the past, present, and future
as the spirits give him the opportunity to redeem himself. This year’s
production will include scenes and characters not seen before in our
adaptation!

Available roles:

Scrooge: M, any ethnicity, 40s-60s (This role has already been cast)

Ghost of Christmas Past: M/F, any ethnicity, open to any age

Ghost of Christmas Present: M/F, any ethnicity, 30s-60s

Ghost of Christmas Future: M/F, any ethnicity, 20s-60s

Mrs. Cratchitt/Mrs. Feeziwig: F, any ethnicity, 30s-50s

Mr. Cratchitt/Mr. Feeziwig: M, any ethnicity, 30s-50s

Fred/Young Scrooge/Poor Husband: M, any ethnicity, 20s

Belle/Fred’s Wife/Laundress/Poor Wife: F, any ethnicity, 20s

1st Gentleman/Dick Wilkins: M, any ethnicity, 20s

2nd Gentleman/Topper: M, any ethnicity, 20s

Marley/Old Joe: M, any ethnicity, 40s-60s

Feeziwig Daughter/Fred’s Wife’s Sister/Charwoman: F, any ethnicity, 20-30s

Crachitt Children: seeking 6 children between ages of 10-16 (Tiny Tim,
Belinda, Peter, Martha, Two Tiny Cratchitts)