[NEohioPAL] TMTP presents Irving Berlin and the American Dream

Joanna May Cullinan joanna at musicaltheaterproject.org
Mon Sep 30 11:10:16 PDT 2019

Blue Skies
Irving Berlin and the American Dream
*SATURDAY, OCTOBER 12, 2019 | 8:00 PM*
Mimi Ohio Theatre, Playhouse Square

*SUNDAY, OCTOBER 13, 2019 | 3:00 PM*
Fairmount Temple

Although the story is a rags-to-riches tale, it is so much more. At the age
of five, this son of a cantor saw his house burned to the ground in Czarist
Russia. But over the next 96 years the immigrant became, in his daughter’s
words, the “quintessential American.” In fact, Irving Berlin celebrated two
of our country’s major holidays with “White Christmas” and “Easter Parade,”
and the nation itself with “God Bless America.” His songs keep rolling on:
“Cheek to Cheek,” “There’s No Business Like Show Business,” “Always,”
“Let’s Face the Music and Dance” and “They Say It’s Wonderful” among 1,500
others—and you’ll be treated to a generous sample in TMTP’s sixth-annual
collaboration with the swinging Cleveland Jazz Orchestra.

Hosted by *Bill Rudman* and *Paul Ferguson*
Featuring members of *Cleveland Jazz Orchestra*, the* Joe Hunter Trio*, *Vince
Mastro*, *Treva Offutt* and *Michael Shirtz*
Co-produced with

* Cleveland Jazz OrchestraPlayhouse Square*
*General: *$30-$65
216-241-6000
www.PlayhouseSquare.org

*Fairmount Temple*
*General: *$45
800-838-3006
www.MusicalTheaterProject.org

[image: photo]
*Joanna May Cullinan - Director of Marketing*
The Musical Theater Project
Ph: 216.860.1518 <W:%20216.860.1518> | joanna at musicaltheaterproject.org
<heather at musicaltheaterproject.org>
MusicalTheaterProject.org <http://musicaltheaterproject.org/>
5755 Granger Road Suite 830 Independence OH 44131
<https://maps.google.com/?q=5755+Granger+Road+Suite+830+Independence+OH+44131&entry=gmail&source=g>
<http://www.facebook.com/TheMusicalTheaterProject/>
<http://www.youtube.com/TheMusicalTheaProj>
<http://www.linkedin.com/in/heather-meeker-0727689>
Stay in touch! Receive our monthly TMTP e-newsletter
<http://www.musicaltheaterproject.org/>
Donate - Support TMTP today!
<http://www.musicaltheaterproject.org/donate.html>